Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the range and zeroed my g2 9mm, everything went fine except that i had to adjust my rear sight all the way up and it still wasn't high enough. Is there a way to raise it or am I doing anything wrong? I might have over turned the screw because when I tried to adjust it a little bit higher it started moving downwards. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
So I went to the range and zeroed my g2 9mm, everything went fine except that i had to adjust my rear sight all the way up and it still wasn't high enough. Is there a way to raise it or am I doing anything wrong? I might have over turned the screw because when I tried to adjust it a little bit higher it started moving downwards. Thanks.
Hi there! From what I know (and have read on these forums), once you turn beyond a certain point the sights reset back to the lowest setting. So, it's going to be trial and error. Best way to figure this out - get another shooter or a bench rest and see if your sighting/groups improve.

The G2 is a nice all-round pistol! Have fun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the forum and gun ownership. I noticed my G2C did the same thing. Zeroing will commence once I find a range close by, and have enough ammunition. What is a good round count for zeroing? 25? 50?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't know how Taurus sets up their sights but my S&W sights were regulated for a combat sight picture not the 6 oclock hold. I thought my S&W was shooting low until I found that out. My Sig P365 is the same.

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
If you are moving the sights that much I am sorry to say it is more likely you than the pistol.
You need to get the pistol in a steady rest of some sort or preferably a vise so it cant move then zero the sights.
They are generally accurate to self defense standards out of the box.
Not knowing your experience level most people have inconsistent grip and trigger pull and when they try to zero are chasing their bad habits all over the paper.
This helps to give guidance to the possible issues. Low and low left are the most common issues. The shorter barrel and compact grip of many concealed carry weapons will magnify this even more.
Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
I don't know how Taurus sets up their sights but my S&W sights were regulated for a combat sight picture not the 6 oclock hold. I thought my S&W was shooting low until I found that out. My Sig P365 is the same.
I believe Taurus is same but it should say in the manual.

·
Registered
134 Posts
you might be better off just getting a new set of sights from somebody like lakeline llc . the plastic rear sights
on my g2c , pt111, and tx 22 are all the same and cheesy awful -------------just saying
Lakeline LLC

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
you might be better off just getting a new set of sights from somebody like lakeline llc . the plastic rear sights
on my g2c , pt111, and tx 22 are all the same and cheesy awful -------------just saying
Lakeline LLC
Sorry, but most people wont get the benefit they think from replacing sights.
Learning proper grip, and technique will do much more than throwing money at parts that training will help far more with.
If you aren't at least hitting the target out of the box with no adjustments, then still get the same poor results after adjusting them to the extreme in an attempt to correct it it is time to realize the error is with the shooter.
Unfortunately most people think that cause they play Call of Duty on X-Box they are suddenly Seal Team 6 level operators.
Consistently gripping the pistol and squeezing the trigger the same way have far more affect on your ability to hit the target than your sights ever will.
Most won't take the time, practice, and ammo required to get good at shooting. They would rather shoot a box of 50 rounds, adjust the sights, complain about what garbage Gun X is online, buy the latest wonder sight, or trigger kit and when that doesn't work they sell it for the next wonder gun they hear about.
Any great athlete will say practice is key because much of it is muscle memory.
The OP would be better served by dry firing with a laser training cartridge.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry, but most people wont get the benefit they think from replacing sights.
Learning proper grip, and technique will do much more than throwing money at parts that training will help far more with.
If you aren't at least hitting the target out of the box with no adjustments, then still get the same poor results after adjusting them to the extreme in an attempt to correct it it is time to realize the error is with the shooter.
Unfortunately most people think that cause they play Call of Duty on X-Box they are suddenly Seal Team 6 level operators.
Consistently gripping the pistol and squeezing the trigger the same way have far more affect on your ability to hit the target than your sights ever will.
Most won't take the time, practice, and ammo required to get good at shooting. They would rather shoot a box of 50 rounds, adjust the sights, complain about what garbage Gun X is online, buy the latest wonder sight, or trigger kit and when that doesn't work they sell it for the next wonder gun they hear about.
Any great athlete will say practice is key because much of it is muscle memory.
The OP would be better served by dry firing with a laser training cartridge.
gee, i`m not a operator like you , but i do appreciate good sights ------------

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
gee, i`m not a operator like you , but i do appreciate good sights ------------
Sorry the truth offends you, but the fact is most people don't want to practice or train as that takes ammo, work, and time. The variable in shooting isn't the pistol, it's the shooter pulling the trigger. If your technique isn't consistent you will never get the groups you desire..
It is easier to blame the gun and the sights. If your go to to fix a problem is to buy some fancy new sights just remember that a fool and his money are soon parted. You can appreciate and buy whatever you wish, but new sights don't magically make you a better shooter, while it may help improve if you are already shooting the gun well, but it isn't the first thing to do when trying to correct a problem.

·
Super Moderator
17,618 Posts
I don't believe the OP implied anything other than his gun is shooting low. By definition then he must be grouping to determine that. I think I'll take him at his word. He said nothing about accuracy.

I've seen plenty of pistols that don't shoot to the point of aim. These things happen.

In this case the easy fix is to cut down the front sight some if you're handy with a file and there's nothing on the sights like white dots that are in the way. Maybe Taurus has a lower front sight. Ammo can make a big difference in 9mm. 147gr will shoot higher than 115gr. Most guns are regulated for 124gr but there should be enough adjustment to get anything where you want it if the gun has adjustable sights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts