Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New production (not milsurp) Serbian Zastava M57 7.62x25 ... Wow... What a fun gun to shoot!

Two 9rd mags, 4.6" barrel, 7.62x25 Tokarev steel semi-auto

30 ft offhand after shooting 50 rounds warming up and breaking in the gun

Mags are tight--- couldn't get 9 rounds in until later in the range session

Ammo cost is .36/rd at Cabellas

The flame / fireball produced is awesome! However, muzzle flip and recoil is negligible--- quite easy to handle when firing and easy to reacquire target

The single stack ultra thin gun fits my hand well and is a pleasure to shoot... No hammer bite for me

It fed and fired perfectly... Mine shot a bit low so I had to "cover" the target with front sight

I'll try it on a bench rest someday

$249 gun with 1911ish feel (I hear this was the soviet block 1911)
Breaks down and cleans easily
I wouldn't suggest it for carry... Note the clip that holds the slide release on the right side of gun --- it would catch on any holster and all clothing

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Congrats. I've got a vintage (capture) Tok TT-33 and it's different. That's all I can say.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Congrats. I just bought one recently and have had the same experience. It's fun (and loud) to shoot. The exterior finish is very nice, but inside is definitely communist block.
Shoot it (often) in good health.
DSC_0213.jpg

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Mine is a ChiCom VietNam battlefield capture, dated 1966. Excellent shooter, but poorly finished.

Maybe this week I will take some photos and post them here.
Did you bring it back yourself? This one's a 1938 Tok captured during WWII by a staff sergeant in the 552nd FAB. Finish on this one's spotty, decent enough where it'd held up. Not sure if the wear is from the war as much as the owner's kid, post-war. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts