Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into 2008, what would you do and/or not do?
Remember not only do you answer to the shooting public and professionals but also the investors!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Re: You woke up today and you're the president of Taurus

Give every member of TaurusArmed.net a new Taurus firearm; then go back to bed... :)

·
Registered
4,084 Posts

Mandate #1. Fix that damn web-site.
Mandate #2. The return of the PT908ss, or produce a single-stack 809ss.
Mandate #3. Kick the Q.C. manager in the butt, then put him out of his office and down on the "line".

·
Registered
878 Posts

First, I explain our new Lifetime guarantee policy that provides free shipping back and forth for any warranty service, and that firearm would be repaired or replaced in less than 30 days. I would then tell everyone about our new service facility in the US that will take of this.
I would explain that this will add about $25 to the price of each firearm, but this is necessary to de-fray the costs and you can now rest assured that purchasing a Taurus firearm is the absolute best choice you could possibly make. No need to look any further.
We are also making our new duty firearms available to all LEO agencies at a more competitive price than glock, and give their armorers free training and full support for their departments. Our duty weapons will be second to none and will be produced at our new factory in the US.
I will also be pleased to announce our new 20 shot double cylinder revolver which is already in stores as we speak.
I will also give anyone starting a thread on a gun forum to the effect of "All taurus guns are junk" a discount coupon for a new Taurus firearm and a personal letter of apology for any problems they have had in the past.
This might be a good place to start.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts

"I will also be pleased to announce our new 20 shot double cylinder revolver which is already in stores as we speak." HMMMM! I think we would need a feasibility study done on that one!!

Actually, the warranty change, with a certain $ amount added to each price, and a time limit on repair or replace with shipping included is one of the things that would draw in people.

Assign staff with IT knowledge to research thru every forum available, what is being talked about, Taurus and the competition. If you do not know what the others are or are not doing, how can you move in the market.

The same staff to make sure that what we sell is on our site, with pictures, and direct contact features. NO more toll free # to call and talk to a csr who may or may not know guns. Hire folks who use guns, talk guns, and maybe even take them apart and put them back together to answer questions, by Phone, email, or direct web site input.

If a particular line of weapons has a problem, KNOWN! Post about it on the site so people know what your doing to fix it.

If a gun is no longer sold, or being produced move its information to a historical data base on the sales site. Make sure that information is maintained in a separate section of the site for all users to access.

I totally agree about putting the best foot forward to LEO agencies, no matter where the guns are produced. Get them in the hands of armorers, offer training at Taurus facility, and for operations that change over, ON their site training to make sure the weapons are known by the end LE users.

·
Registered
339 Posts

Introduce a line of Phasers.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Do Phasers ever have FTF or FTF? :D

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
some good suggestions.. so i'll steal and tweak them a bit.. not in any specific order.

1. stop bothering with bling bling editions and start offering the bling parts as a kit or parts you do your self, to save production costs.

2. update website to include detailed parts and assembly instructions, also improve printed manual included with gun.. rather then the generic one they currently use.

3. offer free shipping to and from for repair.. however if the gun turns out not to need repair you must pay for shipping both ways..

would work like this.. you pay to ship it there.. then if it needs repaired they ship it back plus include acheck to reimburse you for you shipping, if the gun is not in need of repair then you must send a check for the return shipping cost before getting the gun back.

4. QA would be tightened esp on the revolvers.. QA signature or inital would be included with the gun, also test fired case.
any gun coming back taurus would know exactly who inspected it, i would give them a % of guns they inspected to come back for repair within 1 year of inspection.. exceeding this % i would start deducting from their paychecks a small fee as a penalty.

5. attempt to create a beretta/taurus compatible hybrid mag catch so both mags could be used on their beretta clones.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would buy everyone a ticket to Disney Land. Then, I would buy everyone a beer and a slice of pizza when they got back from Disney Land.

Just kidding around... :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
texas shooter said:
Do Phasers ever have FTF or FTF? :D
Only if they are.........

Are you ready?

Out of phase.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Enter into a partnership with a major holster maker, and offer a reasonably priced selection of holsters and other accessories, for each and every model that we make.

Continue offering an annual NRA membership with each firearm purchased.

Become an anonymous, active member of this forum in order to monitor consumer interests.

Closely supervise customer service reps, to make sure the customers are being properly served.

Buy a vacation home in Tahiti.
:thumb:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
pioneer461 said:
Continue offering an annual NRA membership with each firearm purchased.

um, taurus will give you a 1 year NRA membership when you buy their guns?
i did'nt know that. i just bought two where do i find out about this?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
joe sixpack said:
um, taurus will give you a 1 year NRA membership when you buy their guns?
i did'nt know that. i just bought two where do i find out about this?
The link was on the web site, for Taurus. Also there was a link on Davidson's Gun Gallery site. I do not have a link for it, that I saved but I do have a copy of the form. You must send it in by Jan 31, 2008.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Create a custom shop, similiar to what Sig Sauer and Springfield Armory has.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
We noticed that the site page for NRA rebate from Taurus is updated to 2008, so they are going to continue it.

If you need the 2007 form, I have it on my computer. PM me with your personal email address and I will send it to you, as I cannot get it to attach to this forum for some reason.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pierce said:
I would buy everyone a ticket to Disney Land. Then, I would buy everyone a beer and a slice of pizza when they got back from Disney Land.

Just kidding around... :D

Hey, I want to go to Disney land, but can we have the beer and pizza while we're there? AFTER the roller coaster.........

·
Registered
878 Posts
You can't pack in Disneyland.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts