Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

· Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're getting gas, alone. It's a well lit area, a place you're used to coming. Someone walks over and points a gun at you, demanding your keys. Nothing suspicious that alerts you beforehand. How long will it take you to actually get a shot off? Do you move "off the x" while drawing? Just like to see discussion of various strategies. Maybe you just give him your keys.

Interested in the mechanics of what you do. Morally, I have no problem with shooting carjackers, even if they are minors. My concern is how I emerge unscathed. Would love to see discussion by someone who was actually carjacked.

· Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does not seem like a good idea to draw into someone who has the drop. maybe comply untill an opportunity to counter ambush occurs? Every situation is going to be different hard to say what you should or shouldn't do.
This, armed robbery and home invasion are the three most likely scenarios where I'd want to defend. Knowing when not to draw is also important. I'd be less likely to draw with my wife and kid there. Avoiding the situation is always better. I pulled into a closed restaurant in the early AM. (used to be all night drive through). Stopped at the drive through, which was still lit up. A care pulled up behind me aggressively. I got out of there asap. When I turned to go on the road, someone yelled at me. I think they were connected to the car that pulled behind me. It was stupid of me to make myself vulnerable like that.

· Registered
153 Posts

· Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Just do not be a victim in DC. As you may have seen they are trying to "SOFTEN" the penalty's of carjacking and other violent crimes.
In Florida, I will want to shoot every thug in the group. You make a decision to join in on a carjacking, you've decided your life is worth less than my car. If your life is worth less than my car to you, it's worth less than my car to me.

· Premium Member
9,817 Posts
As you turn suddenly startled, spray the attacker with the gasoline hose. If he shoots, he'll probably miss you but the shot may set himself ablaze. Imagine the fun the liberals would have with that one!

I was in Oakland a few years ago stopping at a gas station about 5:30 in the morning to fill up the rental car before a flight. Once I got out of the car and put the nozzle in, the zombies came out of the woodwork. All they wanted was money, but I was in a very vulnerable position. I was prepared to spray gasoline everywhere.

Now in those circumstances, I take the option to have the rental car company fill it up themselves.

· Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just do not be a victim in DC. As you may have seen they are trying to "SOFTEN" the penalty's of carjacking and other violent crimes.
Those areas will become unlivable. If you expect to carjack in the morning and be home in time for supper - and the politicians support you, it's time to move. Sad to say we almost had this worthless sack of trash become our governor when DeSantis was first elected. These are pics from where they found him passed out after a meth fueled session with a gay male prostitute. You can only imagine how he would have rolled out the welcome mat for criminals here.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
White Black Adaptation Wood Artist

· Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At my age and state of health the fear of death or
prison has no influence on me. I'll just pull my gun
and keep pulling the trigger until it's empty.
Once you are shooting, if you quickly keep shooting until your mag is empty, I think you're probably ok. I worry for the hero in Texas who stopped shooting and then finished off the criminal in the taco restaurant.

· Registered
444 Posts
Gun already pointed at you, close range? Keep your wits, use your brain, because if you think you can outdraw someone like that, you'll be dead wrong. It isn't some Hollywood film, it's real life-or-death...the next choice you make could be your last. I'm not losing my life over a car, you really want my 18-year-old minivan go ahead and take it, that's why I have insurance. I need a new one anyhow. Do me a favor, take it somewhere and torch it for the total loss, please.

· Registered
23,384 Posts
If I want to soften the penalty for crimes, I'll shoot 'em with a .40 instead of a .45.

· Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My 1st thought was spray him (like @DeltaBravoKS said) but this question needs to serve as a reminder for us all->
PAY ATTENTION anytime you are out in public!
No question about that. We don't go to any place after dark, like a convenient store that's not super busy. My wife only goes shopping in broad daylight. Avoiding the situation altogether is better than having to shoot your way out of it. My farm is a well fenced compound with 30 cameras. Still got to be aware though. Working on getting the photoelectric perimeter alarms working with my camera system. Security is a lot more than just guns. I would never live in a city.

· Registered
614 Posts
Honestly my car is not worth someone's life. Not mine or the carjacker's. Sorry, I don't think it's worth harming someone over a "thing". Also if a weapon is already pointed at you, better off to simply say, "hey keys are in it"

· Premium Member
9,817 Posts
Honestly my car is not worth someone's life. Not mine or the carjacker's. Sorry, I don't think it's worth harming someone over a "thing". Also if a weapon is already pointed at you, better off to simply say, "hey keys are in it"
I only have so many minutes on this earth, and most of those minutes I have expended accumulating the things I have to make my life more enjoyable. Unlike the law, I believe value is in the eye of the owner. No one knows how much of my life was sacrificed to accumulate any given item. No one knows how I value any given item. When someone takes my stuff, they are taking moments of my life I will never get back. I lose time with my family and friends to make the life I have. If someone else believes sacrificing his life for my stuff is a worthwhile exchange, so be it. Without private property rights (the few we have left) we are all peasants.

· Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, but this person is facing you with a deadly threat. How do you know they won't shoot you away? Carjacking someone with a gun is the very essence of a deadly threat. Of course, I don't want ot get harmed. But the life of the carjacker means nothing to me. They are the one who decided it was worthless.

· Premium Member
9,817 Posts
Yes, but this person is facing you with a deadly threat. How do you know they won't shoot you away? Carjacking someone with a gun is the very essence of a deadly threat. Of course, I don't want ot get harmed. But the life of the carjacker means nothing to me. They are the one who decided it was worthless.
We hear all the time things like 'a carjacking doesn't warrant the death penalty' and, at this point, it doesn't. However, the idiots who say things like that should be complaining to the carjackers. They are the one who are offering their life in exchange for the car. They are the ones who are deciding they are willing to give their life for a car. People like that should be laughed off the planet, yet we are saddled with millions of them--and many are in positions of authority.

· Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We hear all the time things like 'a carjacking doesn't warrant the death penalty' and, at this point, it doesn't. However, the idiots who say things like that should be complaining to the carjackers. They are the one who are offering their life in exchange for the car. They are the ones who are deciding they are willing to give their life for a car. People like that should be laughed off the planet, yet we are saddled with millions of them--and many are in positions of authority.
There is no circumstance I can imagine where someone would point a gun at me and I wouldn't want to stop the threat on my terms. It might be bloody.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts