Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post your suggestions, opinions and complaints here, and they will be passed along to the appropriate individuals within the company. You need not include personal information. Thank you.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Do you hold a position with Taurus? Besides managing a fund containing 1% of Taurus stock, what relation do you have with Taurus.

I hate to sound like an ass here, but if Taurus wants to come and look at the board, they are more than welcome, including Cust Service Reps, which I think is a good idea, executives, all the way to the janitors. This board is primarily for Taurus owners, not Taurus.

If Taurus wants to pay for some advertising fees, then I would welcome them to use this place as an extension of thier Customer Service and/or any other company functions. If they had a banner here and appointed you as the site rep, then people may be a little more entrusted to divulge their complaints and any pertinant personal information.

Something to think about ...

You know how to get in touch with me. :)

Thanks,
Nathan

EDIT: I want to be clear about this though, advertising will not buy silence. If there's a legitimate problem, the problem will come up and be discussed. If it's constant pissing and moaning, it will be moved to the appropriate section and dealt with. That kind of complaining isn't minimally tolerated anyways.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flyer said:
Do you hold a position with Taurus? Besides managing a fund containing 1% of Taurus stock, what relation do you have with Taurus.

I hate to sound like an ass here, but if Taurus wants to come and look at the board, they are more than welcome, including Cust Service Reps, which I think is a good idea, executives, all the way to the janitors. This board is primarily for Taurus owners, not Taurus.

If Taurus wants to pay for some advertising fees, then I would welcome them to use this place as an extension of thier Customer Service and/or any other company functions. If they had a banner here and appointed you as the site rep, then people may be a little more entrusted to divulge their complaints and any pertinant personal information.

Something to think about ...

You know how to get in touch with me. :)

Thanks,
Nathan

EDIT: I want to be clear about this though, advertising will not buy silence. If there's a legitimate problem, the problem will come up and be discussed. If it's constant pissing and moaning, it will be moved to the appropriate section and dealt with. That kind of complaining isn't minimally tolerated anyways.
I do not hold a position with Taurus, but will talk to other fund managers and others about your idea. I think it's a good idea.

·
Administrator
39,476 Posts
OK, I think I see your financial interest in Taurus, but do you own/shoot any of the Taurus firearms? If so, which. Just curious. :thumb:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Taurusprivateequity,

I was going to ask the same question Smokewagon asked. I think one of the best ways to get to know the Taurus firearms company is to regularly use their products.

·
Registered
50 Posts
As a new owner of a Taurus 24/7 pro I have a couple of suggestions. My gun runs fine but from what I have read here and other and on other internet sites that Taurus customer service is pretty darn slow. From what I have been reading 6 weeks for a firearm to be repaired is the norm. If I'm wrong I stand corrected but if someone depends on a firearm that's a long time especially if the problem isn't corrected the 1st time. The other suggestion
would to be a common sight cut for the dovetails on the auto pistols. This would nice to be able change out the sights if someone wishes to do so. As it is the options are extremely limited. A good example is the heinie sights that come on my 24/7 pistol. If I want a different height front or rear sight because the sight picture isn't the way I want it or should be, Taurus doesn't make them. Heinie doesn't make them either(other than one height night sights). Other sight options are basicly non existent except some Williams fiber optic sights that might work. If you don't like the sights you shouldn't have to "just live with it". Other handgun companies have different height sights for their pistols and other options. If Taurus wants to compete with the big boys like Glock and Springfield XD's, being cheaper is not enough in the long run in my opinion. Mark

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I don't think a bunch of Taurus fund manegers is the place we need to be directing complaints. We here are mostly concerned with Taurus International (the gun dept). The tasks you are trying to take on would be much more suited for someone from Taurus International, perhaps their CS manager or someone more affiliated with them. I think it's nice to know that Taurus as a whole is much bigger and does much more than guns, but this site was designed for Taurus gun owners, not Taurus, Taurus fund managers, or stockholders.

If you have anything else you can reach me via email at nathan (at) taurusarmed.net. Again .. thanks or being understanding.

Nathan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.