Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 366 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think your next non-Taurus firearm will be?

Mine will either be a Mini-14, a EAA Witness in 10mm or a Springfield XD in .45 ACP. ;D

I haven't decided yet .. so many choices. :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Some type of AR variant. Would love to have a Bushmaster A3 but may end up going the kit route to save a few $$$$$. I figure I will have until sometime in early 2008 to get it. :mad:

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I'm looking at a Rock River Arms 16" AR-15. I'm not so confident that I have very long to get one. Also plan on getting a bunch of mags incase those get difficult to aquire as well.

I am going to end up cleaning out the safe a little t help finance this toy though. :'(

IF an AWB passes I might also get a stripped receiver or two as well.

Steelheart

·
Registered
58 Posts
Steelheart,

If there is a new ban with language similar to the last, keep in mind that the receivers will need to be documented as "built" into a complete rifle of pre-ban configuration before the effective date of the ban, so you will need a receipt, dated before the ban's effective date, for your parts to complete the rifles.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My next non-Taurus is likely to be... another Handi Rifle... I only have five, with seven different barrels, and there are so many to choose from!!! :D

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I'm not as worried about pre vs post ban stuff. Most of the extra stuff, like bayonet lugs, I don't have a use for. I'm not even sure what I would build with the receiver, it might just function as trade fodder.

The little I've heard about the potential ban is that it's tougher than the last one. Normally I wouldn't worry but I don't trust this congress to respect the 2nd Amendment any.

And its a good excuse to the rest of the household regardless.

Steelheart

·
Registered
532 Posts
Actually, i know what my next non-Taurus firearm will be. I put a Stainless 6-1/2" Super Single six in layaway, yesterday. I looked at a Taurus 2" and 5" 94, but the DA trigger pulls were abominable. The feel of the single six was perfect.

·
Registered
272 Posts
9x19 said:
My next non-Taurus is likely to be... another Handi Rifle... I only have five, with seven different barrels, and there are so many to choose from!!! :D
They are fun guns and I don't shoot mine nearly enough. Do you have a 12 gauge 3 inch slug barrel for one of yours? If so can you use the sights on it? I can't seem to get a good enough cheek wled on the stock to actuall see the irons. Aimpoint maybe? The .223 is a tack driver but the 30-06 punishes on both ends. ;D

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm going to be getting a Rock River AR-15 in the very near future. the wife is making me sell a couple to get one. According to her I have more than enough.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm going to a gun show Saturday with a little $$$ to burn. I wonder if I'll get a few crazy looks if i bring a shopping cart? My arms can only hold so much you know. Well I'll just have to see if I see something that I can't live without.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ruger P345 has been haunting me for a year now.

·
32,527 Posts
Schlemer. The 345 Ruger, is being issued to many police departments as we post and there has been a lot of good service coming from the Rugers. Have a P97DC. Mas Ayoob has a writeup in Gun Digest"s Book of Complete Handgunnery on the 345.He pulls no punches where gun reviews are concerned.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Qwiks draw said:
Schlemer. The 345 Ruger, is being issued to many police departments as we post and there has been a lot of good service coming from the Rugers. Have a P97DC. Mas Ayoob has a writeup in Gun Digest"s Book of Complete Handgunnery on the 345.He pulls no punches where gun reviews are concerned.
Qd- Mas is the man.
As for the P345. I really wanted one last year, but was led away from some of the bad experiences I read over at the Ruger forum. After several months and less complaining. It would seem that Sturm Ruger heeded the complaints of their loyal (me being one of them) fan base. Recently, I've read more positive experiences and less problems with the P345. Now it is just a matter of fund raising.

I've been suggesting to my wife that though I am not very fond of birthday parties for myself. I would really like to have one for my 40th coming up this October. Basically, invite family and friends, have them give money (checks or money orders accepted). Then buy a special gift for poppa, hit range, and life will be good :D

·
Registered
790 Posts
How about having a birthday registry set up at your local gun shop (like a bridal registry). Friends and family can put $10 bucks or whatever in your account set up there, then you can go in and pick out what you want. I think it would be a great idea. And you'll never be disappointed with your gift!

Reactions: Tapoli

·
Registered
532 Posts
Mikeo said:
Actually, i know what my next non-Taurus firearm will be. I put a Stainless 6-1/2" Super Single six in layaway, yesterday. I looked at a Taurus 2" and 5" 94, but the DA trigger pulls were abominable. The feel of the single six was perfect.
Actually, change in plans. I went in to pay some more on the layaway sunday, and they had gotten in a shipment of Heritage Arms Rough Riders. The 5-1/2", (my favorite barrel length in SAs), .22lr/.22WMR combo was 139.95. They graciously applied all the layaway money toward this gun. With a box of the new CCI TNT mags, and a box of CCI Blazer brass 9mm, it cost me an additional 8 bucks.
I waited until today to post this as I wanted to shoot it to see if it was worth a darn.
As far as fit and finish, this is not the prettiest gun I've ever owned, (but surely not the worst).
I must say, though, that the grips fit better on the Rough Rider than on the Single six.
The proof, however, is in the pudding. I was able to shoot it today. Even though the fixed sights are quite rudimentary, the gun was pretty accurate. I shot CCI minimag, and Federal champion .22Lrs, and .22 mag CCI maximag, Maximag TNT, and Winchester Dynapoints. The gun shot to point of aim, rather than six o'clock, but all but the Dynapoints shot to the same area. I would get 3 to 4 touching rounds, and 1 or 2 flyers out of each cylinder full and 7 and 10 yards. The flyers opened the group up to ~2". At the full length ofthe range, 50', I think, the gun shot 2-1/2" to 3" groups. Composite groups of .22lrs and .22 mags were within the 2-1/2" to 3" range.
For $140, aout 36% of the cost of the Ruger, I'm happy.

Mike

·
Registered
625 Posts
Browning BPS pump, engraved receiver, 12 gauge, 28" barrel, 98%+ condition, less than 50 shells through it. Paying the guy $315 for it.

Todd

Reactions: Jake3501
1 - 20 of 366 Posts