Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ladies and gents, the question is:

Among the handguns you currently own, which has your favorite trigger (be specific).

It doesn't necessarily mean the lightest trigger. It means the trigger you like best for whatever reason, pull weight, crispness, smoothness, reset, etc... It's whatever floats "your" boat.

I'll start if off: My favorite among the current lineup is the "single action" pull on my Rossi 46103. It's fantastic and puts a huge smile on my face, light and crisp...

OK, have fun! :)

Reactions: MoMan

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
In revolvers, right now it'll probably be my Taurus 605:

IMG_2037.JPG

Got a nice clean break (in single action) and SUPER LIGHT!! Almost too easy to shoot!

Among the pistols, it's a two way tie......both Sig Sauers:

The P220 Elite and the SP2022:

IMG_2807.jpg

Virtually no takeup or creep, super clean break, and the most tactile resets of any of the pistols I own. They're just a dream to shoot!

Honorable mention.....

CZ P07:

IMG_2810.jpg

Just because it's a CZ.... :p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
The number one spot goes to my Bersa T380 with my Browning 1911-22 right behind.

Reactions: leejack

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
My GP100s all have triggers that as smooth as silk after a little work on my part. Excellent breaking point in both single and double action, just the right double action pull weight to the breaking point, just one of the best triggers I have ever done. I actually can not believe I am the one that created this trigger feel.

BTW, I have owned a Dan Wesson 15-2 and a Colt Python, and would put this trigger right in the mix with those two.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Revolvers = Raging Bull Series. Toss up between 41mag and 480 ruger.
Autoloaders = Coonan 357mag w/ compensated barrel

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I have to like all my triggers or do something about it.

The one that that surprised me in a good way is the Ruger SR40C - my current car gun.

Initially I thought it was light but on checking it’s about 5.5 lb pull depending (maybe got a factory winner?!) on where you measure it. Pretty standard stuff for a striker pistol.
It IS smooth but the best part is the short trigger travel (3/8”) and no over travel - making it crisp and very quick to reset.

When practicing I have to remind myself when changing guns. Good one from Ruger!!

D8E0C750-45FC-40F9-97D1-8EB048846CF6.jpeg

Reactions: BigBlue and leejack

·
Administrator
35,560 Posts
In general, I think the 1911 has a great trigger pull. But, my favorite trigger pull on any gun I own is my Springfield XD Mod2 45acp. It's so great to pull the trigger on that gun, smooth and crisp.

·
Super Moderator
35,342 Posts
Totally depends on use. I like a long DA on most of my carry guns, though I broke that rule buying my PT145. I like a crisp, light SA trigger on target or plinking .22s. I'd like to get a competition trigger installed on my Mk 2, kinda get it closer to a S&W M41. :D But, the question brings up my fave of fave carry gun triggers, the gun I carry always in my front strong side pocket for a reason, I LOVE the trigger and I hit what I shoot at with it, even at extended ranges. The gun is VERY accurate and the SA pull is part of the reason even though the DA pull is wonderful. This is my Taurus M85SSUL. I cannot BELIEVE to this day how great the trigger is on this gun right out of the box! It's the best revolver trigger I've ever owned, feels as good as the S&W custom triggers that have been worked by gunsmiths that I've fired and it came from the factory that way. Amazing.

And, honestly, the DA is so good on this gun, I hardly ever cock the hammer unless it's a longish shot, say 50 yards. I've taken a coyote once with this gun at 50 yards. Kinda like having a varmint rifle in my pocket. :rofl:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I like mostly target or long distance shooting, so I really like a smooth crisp break on a trigger. Weight doesn't bother me as much a smooth and crisp.

My favorite trigger is on my Contender, the Ruger Blackhawk 44 is very close second. The Star BM9 has an excellent trigger, better than most 1911's, however, it's on a short barreled gun, with miniscule sights. Not typically great for target or long range shooting, but it does make up for that deficit with the trigger, at least under 20 yards.

Best .22... Hi Standard Supermatic Citation.

S&W 5906, Sig P22* series, S&W 686 and 69 are all very good.

Honorable mention, Sig 320.

The worst I have... Browning Hi-power, CZ 75, Sig Mosquito, Walther PPS. Not terrible for what they are, not great for target shooting, at least the ones I have.

·
Super Moderator
35,342 Posts
I like mostly target or long distance shooting, so I really like a smooth crisp break on a trigger. Weight doesn't bother me as much a smooth and crisp.

My favorite trigger is on my Contender, the Ruger Blackhawk 44 is very close second. The Star BM9 has an excellent trigger, better than most 1911's, however, it's on a short barreled gun, with miniscule sights. Not typically great for target or long range shooting, but it does make up for that deficit with the trigger, at least under 20 yards.

Best .22... Hi Standard Supermatic Citation.

S&W 5906, Sig P22* series, S&W 686 and 69 are all very good.

Honorable mention, Sig 320.

The worst I have... Browning Hi-power, CZ 75, Sig Mosquito, Walther PPS. Not terrible for what they are, not great for target shooting, at least the ones I have.

Well, my fave hunting handgun is a Contender and, yes, the trigger is wonderful. But, I was thinking carry guns and my 85's trigger is SO good, it just came to mind. You expect a Contender's trigger to be good for its application. I've used mine to kill five deer with the .30-30 barrel, use it all the time for small game out in the woods with my .410 barrel, and have competed in IHMSA with the 7mm TCU barrel. AND, I've shot squirrel with the .22 caliber barrel. It is a great firearm and very versatile, no doubt. But, it ain't a concealed carry. :rofl: Of course, the thread says "handgun", doesn't add "concealed carry". The differences in the contender and my snubby .38's uses make it hard to compare the two. But, I carry the .38 every day and rely on it for so many uses, it's just the first gun that came to mind because the trigger is so amazing on it, DA and SA.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Well, my fave hunting handgun is a Contender and, yes, the trigger is wonderful. But, I was thinking carry guys and my 85's trigger is SO good, it just came to mind. You expect a Contender's trigger to be good for its application. I've used mine to kill five deer with the .30-30 barrel, use it all the time for small game out in the woods with my .410 barrel, and have competed in IHMSA with the 7mm TCU barrel. AND, I've shot squirrel with the .22 caliber barrel. It is a great firearm and very versatile, no doubt. But, it ain't a concealed carry. :rofl: Of course, the thread says "handgun", doesn't add "concealed carry". The differences in the contender and my snubby .38's uses make it hard to compare the two. But, I carry the .38 every day and rely on it for so many uses, it's just the first gun that came to mind because the trigger is so amazing on it, DA and SA.
I can't argue against the 85, had my memory served me better, I'd have included it on my very good list. It is a little gun that has no business being as accurate as it is. I hope to find a 357 to add to my collection.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
This is a tough one if you have so many to pick from and purpose has to be taken into account.

In autos

For single action autos is my 1911's. It's the trigger all others in the field of autos are compared to. My CZ's and P9's come close, but not the best.

For Striker fired is my PPQ Classic

For Defensive carry it is a tie between my Sig P320C and the CZ P-10C. Currently carrying the P-10C.

For starting from double action mode is my Star 30MI. It has the smoothest transition I've come across and nothing has ever been done to it. Otherwise it goes to my CZ-P07 made in 2012. The Star is probably 25+ years old.

Revolvers:

For single action, I have to give it to a pair of 1873 Cavalry models from Uberti. I did the trigger work on these when I was still shooting CAS. If you look closely at it, and I mean really close, the pistols are very slightly bent. I bent them in an arbor press to get them to hit the same at 50 yards. I learned this from a gunsmith/competition shooter.

For double action, it's my S&W 625-8. It is great at allowing me to hold on target and shoot it double action. It has a nice single action to go along with it. After it, it has to be the double action on the LCRx.

The vast majority of my handguns have good triggers with the exception of my Taurus 992. It just needs some work I haven't gotten around to yet.

Maloy

1 - 20 of 66 Posts