Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my avatar today. The clown is a crop from a vintage circus photo that was old when we got it about 25 years ago.
We have a hallway 'gallery' that is packed with artwork collected over the years - we cram the hallway so the house has some order!

We are notorious collectors in certain areas.

Here are a couple of other photos from the stairwell:

A reprint from a vintage event photo that happened at a museum where I used to work. It was headed for the trash during a big clean up of storage...

A vintage photo from a roving photography van. generally a car pulled a trailer that was both a photo studio and darkroom. Before cameras became affordable some folks made a living with their roving studios! I've seen a few in collections - this is the only one that I was ever able to buy!

SO — what do you have around your place that makes you smile!?! Any unusual collections to share with the forum pals?! ;)

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
My Bible, Coonhound Maggie, family, M82B4, the smell of the ocean, & a really good bacon cheese burger.

·
Registered
24,545 Posts
My Missus.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Bible, Coonhound Maggie, family, M82B4, the smell of the ocean, & a really good bacon cheese burger.
M82B4?? That's a new one to me?!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What - no collections of ceramic elephants?!?! :D

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! Another "pass the popcorn" thread! Thanks, mingaa.
Is this a great forum, or what?
You just gonna watch?!?! Come on - how about a favorite flea market find? The license plate from your first motorcycle...

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
The following is a sidenote to GH's post, and should not be considered a hijack attempt in any way, shape or form: I'll bet none of you know that Ghost Horse's Golden Retrievers are lap dogs. Truly. I've seen it in person. Boggles the mind, fills the lap, and keeps one quite warm, indeed. Big cuddle puppies, is what they are.

·
Super Moderator
17,634 Posts
Must be a really smelly ocean if you can smell it in Tennessee.

·
Registered
18,582 Posts
Must be a really smelly ocean if you can smell it in Tennessee.
Yeah, 'coz fish are notoriously slack in their personal hygiene. They rarely brush their teeth and almost never shower, all you have to do is get within a few feet of one and you can smell 'em.

Reactions: mingaa and Sekol

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
My fishing reel collection is too large to post, but it starts with an 1880 Hendrix fly fishing reel to a whole series of Shimano's, Shakespeare's, Penn's, Pflueger's, Ocean City's, J.A. Coxe, Hiawatha, Kalamazoo, Langley, ABU-Garcia, Ted Williams, you name it I probably have one. I'm saving them for the Grandkids, so I hope they'll enjoy them one day.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I collect antique drums and cymbals. Zildjian cymbals to be exact. Almost any old drum though. I collect drums for look and character, cymbals for name and playing! Lol

Creek

1 - 20 of 56 Posts