16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite?

Beer drinker 2.gif

Reactions: hombre243

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
Shiner Black Lager followed closely by Negra Modelo and/or Dos Equis Ambar. The reason for Shiner being listed is many restaurants in the area list it as "imported" beer along with higher prices than "domestic". LOL

Actually, there are so many good imported beers, picking a favorite is almost impossible for one that enjoys beer.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shiner Black Lager followed closely by Negra Modelo and/or Dos Equis Ambar. The reason for Shiner being listed is many restaurants in the area list it as "imported" beer along with higher prices than "domestic". LOL Actually, there are so many good imported beers, picking a favorite is almost impossible for one that enjoys beer.
But the TA Forum only allows the poll list to have ten choices and these are all good beers....

Reactions: Wino

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
I voted for Molson, but it's Molson Ice that I like. Don't buy it often, though. Not real common around here.

Smithwicks is a good Irish stout, but not on the list, either.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
But the TA Forum only allows the poll list to have ten choices and these are all good beers....
I'm not familiar with OB and Corona is way overrated, but drinkable. My SIL, daughter and I sit at some bar in Dallas Galleria some years back and tried to drink one each of every foreign beer they had in stock - until I fell off my bar stool - not sure which one knocked me for a loop. LOL They were all good. Now we have a Total Wine store locally and they have open stock on beer from around the world, so one can make up their own six pack of any chosen beer - I usually get two of each brand/country - it's not helping my losing weight, but I'm happy.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I voted for Stella, but I hardly ever buy imports. I prefer porter style beers from smaller breweries. My current favorite is Holy City: Pluff Mud Porter.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm not familiar with OB and Corona is way overrated, but drinkable. My SIL, daughter and I sit at some bar in Dallas Galleria some years back and tried to drink one each of every foreign beer they had in stock - until I fell off my bar stool - not sure which one knocked me for a loop. LOL They were all good. Now we have a Total Wine store locally and they have open stock on beer from around the world, so one can make up their own six pack of any chosen beer - I usually get two of each brand/country - it's not helping my losing weight, but I'm happy.

A light rice based Korean beer. Great in hot weather.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I voted for Becks although it is really Becks Dark that is my favorite. I like dark beers and ales. It's what I grew up drinking and it's what I've stuck with thoughout my whole life.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Fosters ale "green can" from that list but I prefer Sam Adams or Leinenkugel .

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Hiney for me..;)

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Baltica #5 from Baltica Brewery, Europe's largest Brewery located near St. Petersburg, Russia. I Took a tour of the place about 8 years ago. I even got to see their 8 Clydesdales pull their red beer wagon (identical to Anheiser-Bush). And yes, they brew (under license) Fosters Beer for the European market.

·
Super Moderator
26,963 Posts
As many have said...there are a lot of good beers on the list. ALL extremely drinkable.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I picked Dos Equis... gotta be the lager. But many of those are good beers and some I like didn't make the list. Becks, the dark one, Molson, St Pauli Girl, the are others too. Corona is one I won't dirty a glass for.
Amstel is decent. I usually drink domestics ( cheaper) except for special occasions. Top domestic lately is Yuengling.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
None of the above, although there are some good ones there. For my tastes: 1. ***** Modelo (Probably my #1 all-time favorite); 2. Czechvar (if you're lucky enough that it isn't skunky); and Pilsner Urquell (if you're lucky enough that it isn't skunky). Off of your list, I'd pick Labatts.

Like Moondawg, I am enjoying some of the super hoppy IPAs that are on the market right now. Alas, I am trying to lose some weight, so I have not had a drop since early January. :(

1 - 20 of 49 Posts