Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could only keep one gun out of your collection what would it be?

·
Administrator
39,915 Posts
Today, my Taurus PT145 Pro SS. But tomorrow is another day. :zzz:

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
:mad:
One only, geeze! I am new to shooting this time around and even for me it would be tough! :???:
At this point, probably the PT111, only due to the # of rds in it, and the amount I can carry backup for it without showing to the public. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Wow!!! That's like asking "Which of your children do you love the most?" or "What would you grab out of your house if it was on fire?". I love all of my guns so I couldn't choose.

·
Registered
138 Posts
In the handgun category, I'd have to keep the PT145. In long guns (strictly for utilitarian reasons ie: self defense and putting food on the table) The Mossberg 12ga.

·
Registered
493 Posts
rwcreigh said:
my 24/7 9mm pro but i would like to also have a compac 40 24/7
Wow thats exactly what I was going to write. :eek: :eek: :eek:
At least I know someone out there has as good as taste as I do. 8) :D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
That's an extremely tough question joe---I don't think I can answer that considering the sheer size of my collection.

Let's narrow it down a bit---are we talking about handguns only? Or does this include rifles and shotguns also?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was talking any gun.. rifle, shotgun, hand gun..

if they passed a law tomorrow where no one could own more then a single gun and you had to turn the rest in.. which one would you keep.

i think mine would have to be my beretta92 even though im very fond of my taurus92 also..

i know it's a tough question, especially since it is all guns.. do you keep a .22lr for small game, or a big rifle for bigger stuff, do you keep a pistol for protection..

it's a tough question i admit.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Wow, you're right. that's a tough one. My first thought was my Colt Combat Commander
in 9mm. My first ever new gun purchase ( 1978 ). But putting aside protection and other
things, I'd keep my H&R SS 22 revolver. It belonged to my grandfather when he was a constable
in South Dakota back around 1900. Not my favorite but it has the most meaning.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Then I would have to say my father's M1 Garand that he used in the Korean War.
More sentimental than anything else but it's still one of the best fighting rifles ever made.

·
Administrator
35,418 Posts
Don't give any politician any ideas about only having one gun.......as much as I LOVE my 24/7 Pro 45 cal, I guess it would have to be my PT145 Pro - my CCW.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I need all my guns. A better question would be: " Of all your guns, which one could you do without?"

If it could only be one, It would be the S&W M10 in the picture to the left. I could reload the ammo easily and it is still concealable. If it were two guns, then the Ruger P89 is a close second. NO WAIT. Maybe I would keep the P89........ AAAAAGH! I don't know, my head hurts! :eek:

·
Administrator
35,418 Posts
I agree - I need my 24/7 Pro 45 cal for home defense, my MilPro 145 for CCW, and I will have a KelTec soon for deep concealment. I also plan on having a Taurus Ultralite 444 for camping, and maybe even an older 44 special for my wife to carry. How could I do without them all, once I own them? ;D

·
Super Moderator
21,584 Posts
I love my pt1911, I lust myXD-9 but theres somthing about settin on the porch with my big ole 12 gage pump that stops trouble, plus you got slugs ,buckshot, birdshot it can do just about anything. You also don't have to be a crack aim whatever you hit IS GOING DOWN!!!!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
joe sixpack said:
i was talking any gun.. rifle, shotgun, hand gun..

if they passed a law tomorrow where no one could own more then a single gun and you had to turn the rest in.. which one would you keep.
Deffinately the 12ga pump then. You can deer hunt with rifled slugs, bird hunt, varmit hunt, defend your home with shot, and theres no laws against open carry of long guns in Texas.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
joe sixpack said:
If you could only keep one gun out of your collection what would it be?
My Winchester 1400 12 gauge shotgun.

·
Registered
174 Posts
probably non of the ones i currently own, i would probably research the market and choose a high end double stack pistol that is set up for high capacity mags, interchangable grips so my wife could shoot it. if such a thing exists, i would probably try to find something that could be rebarreled for various calibers etc. so i could take big game as well as carry it concealed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts