Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you can't (or don't want) to make your own, which canned chili will be the go-to one? Here's mine....Stagg Silverado Beef Chili:

TOP RIGHT CORNER

·
Registered
29,899 Posts
I'am ambivalent when in comes to "canned chili" :devil:
As long as there's mas cervesa mucho fria.
:chug:

So I'll say Hormel.

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
If I can't do homemade...

Wolf, No bean, Hot!

or What I really prefer if we don't make it here.. There is this place on main street that makes a great bowl of chili!

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
none. home made or nothing

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Most Texans don't understand me for this, but I do like Wolf chili.

I can heat up a can, grab a sleeve of saltines, and be happy.
Ditto, except I'll take Campbell's Road House. That said, the can really doesn't matter in comparison to Home Made. I use 2 or 3 cuts of meat, 3-5 types of beans, and it is a 3 day process. While home on leave, many moons ago, I made a batch at my parent's house. When Dad got home from work, his eyes started watering and nose running before he could walk from the front door to the kitchen. UMMMM GOOODD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have never in 36 years eaten chili from a can. Not knowingly anyway. Homemade or not at all.

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Most Texans don't understand me for this, but I do like Wolf chili.

I can heat up a can, grab a sleeve of saltines, and be happy.
Long as its no beans, I understand you! :D

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
I have never in 36 years eaten chili from a can. Not knowingly anyway. Homemade or not at all.
Yep, that is kinda like asking which can of Spam is best instead of a Thanksgiving turkey feast. :D

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Me, it is do they have beans, if so it isn't chili at all but something else that is fine with me also. I do eat both but only the ****** consider it chili. :D Canned chili is bad at best so I tend to make my own period.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm kinda weird about the beans. If it's canned, Hormel no beans. But when I make it, it HAS to have beans in it

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Wolf no beans.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I prefer homemade but if I have to eat it from a can I will eat Chili Man No Beans Chili. I was raised by a single mother and she is a vegetarian, so I learned to cook at a very early age. Since her father lived in San Antonio and loved to cook, he sent me tons of recipes and one of the first I tried was his chili recipe. For some reason I added one can of canned chili and now it is my tradition.

Chili is one of my favorites and I make many versions from just chili peppers and meat over rice to mild school chili (beans & spaghetti noodles) but they all start with a can of Chili Man Chili!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I like Wolf brand chili. No beans of course. Beans and other foreign substances in chili, well, just ain't natural! :D
And dumped on top of my eggs for breakfast..... Yum....

1.1 USA.gif

1 - 20 of 38 Posts