Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had ordered (sight unseen) and picked up our first Taurus yesterday, a S.S. Tracker 4", .357 and it has exceeded our expectations. The fit, finish and tolerances were dead on in all respects.

I had a brief chance to run about a 100 rounds of .38's and .357's through it and was very pleased especially with how smooth it reacted to the .357's. It was a shooting pleasure that brings a smile and leaves you feeling you could shoot it all day. The trigger pull was clean and crisp without any gritty feeling or stops along the way.

The wife gets her chance tomorrow.

For those researching what Brand of revolver to get like I've been doing for the past couple of weeks looking at Taurus, Ruger and S.&W., for the money I wouldn't hesitate going with the Taurus.

There is nothing on this revolver to be ashamed of. It stands tall and has impressed everyone who's held it so far. Kudos to Taurus from these happy owners. The quality is there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congrats on the new revolver. I think Taurus makes the nicest revolvers out there. At least for the money, and even higher. I have a 850 which I think I like more and more each day. Shoot it. Enjoy it. Give it some siblings.

Bill

·
Registered
280 Posts
Congrats on the new revolver and I am glad that you like the way it shoots. The more people that say good things about Taurus the more it drowns out the bad things that are said by "gun snobs". Welcome.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your fine purchase, glad to hear it. I own the same gun, although mine sports the 6" tube and it's fit and finish are outstanding. It's also quite accurate and digests whatever I choose to run through it. In the past that was some .38s and an abundance of 125 gr. and 158 gr. fodder. Anymore I primarily shoot 158 gr. S&B and 158 gr. Blazer aluminum since that's what I have on hand.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Sounds Like you did good to me...<:))

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice, i think i want either a wheel gun next or a 1911

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
And there I am, sitting in the front row, saying along with everybody else, "Hi Paul"........

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
And there I am, sitting in the front row, saying along with everybody else, "Hi Paul"........
And here I am, getting a good visual of this scenario in my head. LOL

·
Registered
117 Posts
hahaha, its true you cant have just one gun, every time i enter a gun shop i'll say I'll buy that next payday :D :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
My Tracker 455 is very well built. I have done a little work on the trigger & am very pleased with this pistol. I just ordered a Raging Bull 44Mag. I'll bet it will be as good as the Tracker. I like the ported barrel, & have no intention on changing the sights.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the congrats everyone.

My wife loves it too. She hasn't shot in about 10 years so she warmed up with some .38 Blazer 158 gr. and then the .357 Blazer 158. gr. ..,wherein she proceeded to plunk 7 of 7 all within the 9 ring at the 7 yard mark. The trigger is a bit stiiff for her at DA but she handled it well.

In June we're both going for our CCW. That's about as earlier as we can get in an NRA certified class around here.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Glad to hear that she's so proficient with it, even with the 10 year hiatus. I need to take mine out again sometime soon as well. I've been neglecting it lately in favor of my PT1911.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts