Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following mind-boggling attempt at a crime spree in Washington , DC appeared to be the robber's first (and last), due to his lack of a previous record of violence, and his terminally stupid choices:
1. His target was H&J Leather &Firearms; A gun shop specializing in handguns.
2. The shop was full of customers - firearms customers.
3. To enter the shop, the robber had to step around a marked police patrol car parked at the front door.
4. A uniformed officer was standing at the counter, having coffee before work. Upon seeing the officer, the would-be robber announced a hold-up, and fired a few wild shots from a target pistol. The officer and a clerk promptly returned fire, the police officer with a 9mm GLOCK 17, the clerk with a .50 DESERT EAGLE, assisted by several customers who also drew their guns, several of whom also drew and fired. The robber was pronounced dead at the scene by Paramedics. Crime scene investigators located 47 expended cartridge cases in the shop. The subsequent autopsy revealed 23 gunshot wounds. Ballistics identified rounds from 7 different weapons. No one else was hurt in the exchange of fire.

Darwin was right...sometimes the herd needs thinned.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
JimL said:
Good grief......

... I suppose it's possible this was a case of suicide by cop.

JimL
NO NO NO, It was suicide by SHOP! "Gun Shop"!!!!

Ok I just had to do it. I know I should have kept my fingers off the keys, but I could not resist.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
omg.. the guy left several pounds heaver.. or maybe a few pounds lighter.. hard to say..

the clerk shot him with a .50ae? wtf is he insane? you're not hunting bear fella.. im supprised it did'nt go right threw him and hit someoen else.

there is always the possibility he wanted to commit suicide but not do it him self.
if i was him and he gets where ever he's going i'd tell everyone he did that on purpose cause i would never admit to that kidna stupidity..

the gene pool just got a little cleaner.

btw although i dont think anyone would be charged.. how could you possibly know who to charge? i mean.. that many shots you gonna arest everyone? i bet they took all the guns though.. what a day.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i ment the customers and clerk that opened fire not the guns in the case, it's common practice to take all guns used in a shooting by civilians rather it looks justified or not.. once it's cleared they usually get the gun back.

Crime scene investigators located 47 expended cartridge cases in the shop. The subsequent autopsy revealed 23 gunshot wounds. Ballistics identified rounds from 7 different weapons.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
joe sixpack said:
i ment the customers and clerk that opened fire not the guns in the case, it's common practice to take all guns used in a shooting by civilians rather it looks justified or not.. once it's cleared they usually get the gun back.
Ok, I knew that, but was trying again to be a joker, and as usual I failed. Just ask JimL!

"Crime scene investigators located 47 expended cartridge cases in the shop. The subsequent autopsy revealed 23 gunshot wounds. Ballistics identified rounds from 7 different weapons."

Yeah, at least 7 people in that store took care of business. But they missed 24 times. Does that say anything about shooting under pressure.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Yikees..can you imagine how loud it was in there.. :eek: :shooter:
Wonder how loud a .50 DE is... :D
He must have been wanting to die..

WOW..Wow..wow!!!!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Robby said:
Ok, I knew that, but was trying again to be a joker, and as usual I failed. Just ask JimL!
Right! Any time I need a joker I can pull one out of a deck! :D

Get it? A small piece of stiff paper with a silly looking drawing on it. Get it? Get it? :yipee:

JimL

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
JimL said:
Right! Any time I need a joker I can pull one out of a deck! :D

Get it? A small piece of stiff paper with a silly looking drawing on it. Get it? Get it? :yipee:
JimL
You forgot that he wears a funny suit :) and waves a stick with tassels and balls on it. ;D He also dances around like a fool 8)

Well I guess that is me!! :p

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
cdheller said:
something doesn't add up
Yes, that is why we commented about suicide by cop, or shop depending on which one you read. NO BODY, is that stupid to rob a gun shop, with a cop in it, and start it by firing his gun. And I had read about it earlier, but without the # of hits and misses.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Even if it was suicide what are the odds that any one in the shop made a painless shot to the head?

The 50 ae. is just about as disturbing at one end as the other, thats a dumb choice to pull in a crowded shop.
Just the flames from the muzzel could have hurt some one. :mad:

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Obviously, no one tried for a head shot! 23 hits, out of 47 fired.
He would have looked like swiss cheese. The 50 idea scares the H outa me. I do not even want to be on the same range with one. The rest could have been anywhere from .25 to 454 for all we know.

I wonder how many days it was before partial hearing came back on all of them. Unless they had plugs in, or had just come back in the shop from a firing range they were probably all just about needing a trip to the hospital for shock and hearing loss.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Robby said:
Obviously, no one tried for a head shot! 23 hits, out of 47 fired.
On the other hand there may have been 24 attempts for a head shot! ;D In any case, given the 49% hit rate a lot of the shooters in the shop must have been on the order of 100 yards away. :D

JimL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts