Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate all these stupid damn phone calls.

If you register as an Independent voter, will that eliminate most of the phone calls?

OR....will you start getting calls from both political parties?

·
Registered
31,897 Posts
Many states have open primaries like Texas. You don't have to declare a party here. If anyone calls me, I just tell them I'm voting for the one who bugs me the least

·
Registered
157 Posts
In Ky, you can only vote your party during the primary, and any during general, you know, i have never recieved a phone call from any of the goons....not that i am complaining, guessing population of about 150ish, n that is not thousands, hath its advantages.....

·
Registered
31,897 Posts
I VOTED for Hitlery in theTexas dem primary and for McCain in the sad day election in Nov.
Not that I liked Hitlery, just would rather to have had her than BO as a candidate.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I have never gotten a political phone call.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
In Ohio you have to declare a party for the primary or you vote "issues only". So, at least in Ohio, if you want to thin the Republican herd, you have to register as a Republican.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I'm registered as an independent and have been for years. Now I don't know what the laws are in Florida now as they may have changed so bare with me. Here in Kentucky unless their is and independent running you can't vote in a primary which was also true in Florida when I lived there. What that basically means is after each party picks who they want you get to vote on them in the main elections only and can vote for either.

As for getting calls it rarely happens for political party for me but does occur for others with a political agenda such as the NRA etc.

·
Administrator
39,689 Posts
I VOTED for Hitlery in theTexas dem primary and for McCain in the sad day election in Nov.
Not that I liked Hitlery, just would rather to have had her than BO as a candidate.
Same here. Then it all went down hill after that!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I don't like phone calls from people I don't know, so if I don' recognize the phone number I just let it go to the machine. We have a friend who is fluent in Chinese and she made the message on the machine this usually stops most of the annoying buy this product or vote for me calls. Our friends know about the message and laugh and one has even copied with their message in Polish.....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Probably was a very very good idea but the thought of standing in a line with all those liberals and having friends or relatives see me scares me bad.
:cool:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I have never gotten a political phone call.
I am a member of the Medina County Republican Party and a precinct rep so I get calls from the Republicans. The most annoying this is the big thick "survey" packet which consists of no-brainer questions that almost EVERY conservative would answer exactly the same and at the end, the last question asks how much you want to donate hehe.

Actually, in Medina County, our US Rep, Fransisco Canseco, a great guy and true conservative American holds REGULAR conference calls with all folks who wish to take part. You can ask him whatever you want and hear what your neighbors are concerned about. It is a great way to communicate with your representative in Washington. Our district is a bit large to make local town meetings very practical as there are many hundreds of miles in all directions in our district with few very large towns.

·
Premium Member
11,067 Posts
I get "give us money" calls from various "committees" during the primaries. I made the mistake of giving a few years back, and ever since then they all have their hands out. The RNC called me last week and tried to put the guilt trip on me. I told them that as a policy I ONLY give to the candidate I'm supporting and not to the party. When pressed for a reason why, I told them that it was in responce to having John McCain rammed up my a$$. Even Mittens had dropped out by the time of the Texas primary in 08.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts