Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shooting my 85 last weekend and the yoke screw backed completely out. I was on wooded land and could not find it. Where can I find a replacement? I can't get through on the Taurus cust. service line and they're not returning my call. Anyone else carry them?

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Unless you can hunt one down on Gunbroker or another auction site, you're gonna have to keep calling Taurus and hope to get through.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks, was planning on adding a Judge to the collection. If they are going to be like this for support I may just buy another Ruger instead.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Might take a run by the local gunsmith and see if they've got one that will work. Shouldn't cost more than a buck or two. Personally I've never had a problem getting through to Taurus CS, and have never had anything but good experiences with them. I'd keep trying, and make sure you're dialing (305) 624-1115.

As far as ruger is concerned - another member had a post up last week about sending a ruger in for service. They replaced most of the pistol, including the barrel. Unfortunately the barrel they replaced it with didn't have any rifling in it. Do a search and you should be able to find the post - pics and everything. And I'm not trying to bash ruger - I've owned a number of their firearms, and they make a quality product. As does Taurus. My point is you can run into problems with any manufacturer.

And hey! Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, you will find some good folks here. Good luck on your hunt for a yoke screw.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never thought of the local 'smith, have to call him tomorrow. As far as the issue with Ruger, I don't mind hearing issues like those at all. Everybody makes mistakes. You don't answer the phone when I have an issue with your product though, and I'll buy someone else's.

I'll try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
There is also a spring and plunger beneath the screw, hopefully you did not lose those. Another possibility is ordering one from Numrich E-gun Parts. The model 85 has been around so long they possibly will have some parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, they were gone as well. I considered that as one part. I will check that out as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another possibility is ordering one from Numrich E-gun Parts.
Emailed them and got this....

Thank you for contacting us via e-mail.

Unfortunately, we receive several thousand e-mails regularly, and we are not able to respond to all requests in a timely fashion, if at all. In the era of electronic communications, this high volume has forced us to implement a change. [email protected] will no longer be monitored for incoming email. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Guess I'll have to call them tomorrow too.

·
Registered
32,016 Posts

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Guess I'll have to call them tomorrow too.
I've always called them during normal business hours. Don't know if there's anyone there to answer the phone after hours or not. JAT Virtually every manufacturer out there is pumping out product as fast as they can make it, and I have a feeling sheer volume is affecting them all. Not trying to make excuses for Taurus - just sayin'.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I order from Taurus about twice a month. Yoke screws are usually readily available, shouldn't be a big deal. Wait out the hold. Get a few and some side plate screws, make it worth the shipping.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Numrich was "sold out" so I called Taurus. The first time i was 7th in line and was having phone trouble (not unusual as I have Charter) so I tried again the next day. I was first in line and talked to "Lina," who quoted me $8.95. I would have paid that but I asked her nicely "since it was new old stock and that is a known problem with that gun could you please comp it?" she said yes and told me it will be 7-10 days. he told me they are now using blue loc-tite on new guns and advised me to do the same. I intended to do that anyway. So at least I have done better with CS than some of the horror stories I have heard.

·
Super Moderator
36,423 Posts

·
22,514 Posts
I wonder if a machine shop could keep themselves busy making parts like this for Taurus firearms.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts