Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Taurus 65, satin stainless. Never fired it yet. I need to find a YOKE SCREW. The plunger is stuck into the hollow yoke screw. I've soaked it in power solvent, and used a pick trying to free it. No luck. I was in contact with Taurus, and they agreed to send me a new one under warranty. What I received was a side plate screw, the plunger (pointed piece), and the tiny spring. I was in contact with Taurus again, and they agree to send the correct part. Next, I received two more side plate screws. So, I contacted them again. Now, they get it (I hope), however the screw is on back order, with no ETA. I would really like to get the gun to the range, try it out, and put it into service soon. No telling how long the back order will take. Meanwhile, I'd like to find a yoke screw that will fit the 65. Can anyone give me any ideas? Does anyone have a spare or extra? Any ideas on where I might get one besides Taurus? Thanks in advance for any help.

By the way - Someone will want to know how I know the screw is jammed up - I had taken the side plate off while doing some initial lube on the gun. I put it back together, and noticed the cylinder didn't swing out as normal. I took it apart and found the thing jammed up.

·
32,527 Posts
Grayman has it right.

There are two other sources just in case or for later Taurus parts needs.https://www.apexgunparts.com/handguns/taurus-pistol.html?p=2
https://www.schludershots.com/gun-parts-by-model/taurus-gun-parts.html

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
How about cleaning it in an ultrasonic parts cleaner?

Reactions: Whalerman

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a new Taurus 65, satin stainless. Never fired it yet. I need to find a YOKE SCREW. The plunger is stuck into the hollow yoke screw. I've soaked it in power solvent, and used a pick trying to free it. No luck. I was in contact with Taurus, and they agreed to send me a new one under warranty. What I received was a side plate screw, the plunger (pointed piece), and the tiny spring. I was in contact with Taurus again, and they agree to send the correct part. Next, I received two more side plate screws. So, I contacted them again. Now, they get it (I hope), however the screw is on back order, with no ETA. I would really like to get the gun to the range, try it out, and put it into service soon. No telling how long the back order will take. Meanwhile, I'd like to find a yoke screw that will fit the 65. Can anyone give me any ideas? Does anyone have a spare or extra? Any ideas on where I might get one besides Taurus? Thanks in advance for any help.

By the way - Someone will want to know how I know the screw is jammed up - I had taken the side plate off while doing some initial lube on the gun. I put it back together, and noticed the cylinder didn't swing out as normal. I took it apart and found the thing jammed up.
Did you ever receive your back ordered parts? I am waiting on a yoke screw, spring, and retainer pin for my 627 Tracker.
And the rep also told me all of those items are on back order. No time frame of to when I might receive them...
:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts