Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been lurking here for about a month and really need to identify myself.
I'm just S of Fort Worth and picked up a PT-1911 AR in late March. As much as I'd like to say this is my first Taurus, it's not. My first was a Model 66 357 revolver back in 86. Due to moves over the past few years I haven't been able to rejoin with my revolver as it's in storage in NY. I expect to get the revolver down to Texas during the summer.
I Picked the Taurus 1911 over other 1911's due to familiarity of Taurus. the bells and whistles were just pluses in my book. It will be used to teach my Son proper firearm safety and has the safeties to counter his medical issues (he has epilepsy and the thumb safety saved us from a potential discharge during one of his seizures at the range).

Russ

2012-03-31_00-03-23_81.jpg

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Welcome from IA! Good to hear that the Taurus line is working well for you! BTW, does your name mean that you own or enjoy Colt Peacemakers? I would love to hear about your experience if you do!

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Hi. Welcome.
Oh, and the PBR in the Taurus Armed break room fridge? It's mine. Hands off.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
I'm very pleased that you finally decided to identify yourself! :D
By the way, are you a native New Yorker? And welcome from sunny South Tulsa.

·
Registered
14,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, where to start...
Yes, It is reflective of the 1873 Colt however I've only had the pleasure to shoot one ONCE when I was a kid about 12 years old. Scared the bejesus out of me. My Screen name is more of that of one who creates peace in a stressful situation. Firepower goes a long way to accomplish that oddly enough. I will own one before I die and may very well be buried with it.
OK, the PBR in the fridge is off limits, fair enough. Just leave the milk alone for my coffee and we'll get along just fine.

Yes I am a native of NY. I grew up in Godforesaken Buffalo (that IS how it's listed on the map) and left as soon as I could. My wife is a Native Texan and the difference between here and there is amazing. Wish I could have gotten here sooner.
The welcomes from N Carolina, well, I was in Charlotte for 2 weeks at the beginning of March. when I got back, I purchased my Taurus 1911.
I have yet to visit Florida however my rescued wolfdog came from Naples so he's a floridian. I do believe he is plotting to abduct me and take me back to visit.

Thank you all for such a warm welcome
Russ

·
Administrator
39,700 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Welcome from Central Texas!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
Welcome Russ, from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Welcome from northeast Tarrant county, Texas!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;; the Birthplace of Sam Houston. Sorry to hear of your son's epilepsy, I know how disheartening that can be. My Grandson has leukemia.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts