Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that there are a lot of threads relating to holsters for the 24/7 and other Taurus pistols.  It seems that the 24/7 is much harder to find a holster for than any other Taurus exept for my model 60 .357.  In many of the other threads, senior forum members rightfully suggest the search function or provide links to other threads on the topic.  And I have followed those suggestions.

The problem is that there are just so many threads on the topic with so many anecdotal reports scattered across so many threads.  I have spent hours following these threads and still cannot find an appropriate holster that I am confident will work on my 24/7.

To the moderators/owners, please consider a sticky thread on this forum with a strict topic of holster reports - what worked and what didn't - based on users' real experiences.  And pictures would be nice. :)

Oh, and my own needs are for an inside-the-waistband holster for a full size 24/7 with an open business end. I have a 24/7 OSS which is a little longer than other 24/7s and the open end will help accomodate the extra barrel length. And left-handed at that.

Thanks,

Dale

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rwcreigh said:
I just ordered this today with the foward cant.i think it looks kinda cool.

http://www.theholsterstore.com/servlet/the-480/gun-holster-iwb-holster/Detail
That looks like it would be a great solution for me as well but it doesn't show the entire holster in the photo. That may be the only holster sales page I have seen like that.

Let us know how it works out and please mention if it is open ended on the business end and if you think the end of the barrel/slide of the OSS might be able to protrude through the end.

Dale

·
Registered
34 Posts
I carry my 24/7 .45 Pro in a Don Hume leather Open Top holster designed for the Springfield Armory XD 4". Very nice holster that you can find at retail around $40 and on the net for around $30. Fits my 24/7 like a glove and fits up very close to the body and is comfortable.

·
Registered
34 Posts
guess I should have read the entire first post on this thread. I hate IWB holsters and can't wear them, so my previous post probably is just an annoyance to you. Sorry. Just for the record, if the 4" 24/7 fits like a glove in the Don Hume Open Top for the Springfield Armory XD 4" Service Model, then the OSS might work in the same Don Hume holster for the SA Tactical 5". Carry my SA Tactical Compact .45 in that one and its a great holster. Never thought I could carry a 5" barrel concealed until I got Don Hume's holster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts