Again.

·
Registered
24,545 Posts
Duck and Coveeerrrrr!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Fine! I'm gonna go to a desert island in the middle if nowhere with Taylor swift and wait it out.
Why Taylor Swift of all people?

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
If yellowstone goes, then goodbye yall. I will finally have more important things to do than chat on here lol

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
I'll let you know if it blows, wait, no I wont, I'll be dead..........
Bummer.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
The ultimate geyser??

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
We don't need no stinking Yellowstone! Now Jellystone that would be an entirely different matter

Reactions: MOONDAWG

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Glad we visited last year!!

·
Super Moderator
13,813 Posts
Y'all remember to stock up on dust masks, and don't forget to sweep the ash from the roofs of your houses, now'n then. Don't want 'em collapsing under all that weight, don'tcha know?

·
Registered
18,582 Posts
:mellow: I sure hope those people in Yellowstone know that if they experience an eruption lasting more than four hours, they should see a doctor!

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
:mellow: I sure hope those people in Yellowstone know that if they experience an eruption lasting more than four hours, they should see a doctor!
If an eruption lasts longer than 4 hours, you'll need more than a doctor.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Its gonna blow one of these days, and one of these days there will be a killer earthquake in California and St Louis. So get the popcorn ready.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
As a geologist, I have been watching this for a while. Things have definitely become more unstable but there is no evidence of magma (molten rock) working its way up toward the surface. Yellowstone is actually situated over a Hot Spot, a fixed point on the earth where there is a lot of heat is coming from the mantle and that melts the crust (producing magma). The Hawaiian Islands are over another Hot Spot. If it goes, it will give enough warning in advance if we pay attention.

Geologic history shows that when the Yellowstone Hot Spots decides to erupt, it will be spectacular and cover a LARGE area, even down into Texas. It will be a mess.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts