Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New old stock 24/7 OSS

Yep...mine...nope...the gov't can"t have!!

·
Registered
29,877 Posts
Nice new OSS!

New ones are getting rare, congratulations on snagging one!

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Administrator
18,413 Posts
Very very Nice!!! :cool: Congratulations! :) What Caliber is yours?

I love my .45 24/7 OSS!

I love mine, except buying the .45 ammo to feed it.
I hear you there. I reload .45 ACP and even reloading components have risen dramaticly in price, but still cheaper than having to buy .45 ACP retail.
I shoot mine as often as I can. Wish I had also gotten a 9mm 24/7 OSS as that one would be cheaper to feed. I do have a standard 9mm 24/7 Pro that I love also.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
How is the OSS compared to the G2? Anyone have both that can comment? Which do you like better?
Personally, after having owned both pistols, I'd have to say the OSS holds a slight edge for me.

It is strictly because of the esthetics of the pistol, however. Both are great shooters! :guns:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Very very Nice!!! :cool: Congratulations! :) What Caliber is yours?
Mine is a nine. It has a lot to live up to...my others are a Ruger P89, a Ruger P94 and a Glock 17 - classics of the the 9mm club..

·
Administrator
18,413 Posts
Mine is a nine. It has a lot to live up to...
It will and then some! It may well become a new standard of excellence for you. Look forward to reading a Range Report on how it performs.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you gentlemen! I am ready to clean it and take it back out again.( but probably only get the cleaning done today) Also, Three more magazines should be arriving today. On my first trip, I don't know if I was shooting powder-puff ammo or ...this thing really absorbs the recoil. And, even with the longer barrel, it is plenty light!

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I wanted an OSS back when they were around because you could get a 5" barrel on them. I still feel like I missed out. I bought yet another 1911 instead. But I never regret buying a 1911...!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Three factory capacity mags have arrived. would like one more as I usually keep six per...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll be picking mine up tomorrow - unless that ass-clown-in-office makes some huge changes tomorrow in his speech that prohibit my 4:00 pickup time! They had a decent sized cache of different flavors of OSSs at my LGS. Currently I have my money down on a .45ACP but may switch between now and then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts