Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i would like to buy another 24/7, i have the compact and now i would like the full size 45, the shops around me only have the 2006 models do i buy one or wait and keep looking for a 2007, i dont want the problem with the mags,thanks for any info.

·
Administrator
18,578 Posts
Certainly, you can wait or you can do what I did. I special orderd mine through my friendly local FFL to get what I wanted. I have a brand new 2007 9mm 24/7 and the Distributor my FFL Dealer dealt with, had just recieved it in shipment. Distributors have had some trouble keeping the 9mm versions in stock, or so I was told.

I also would like a .45 Version of current manufacture. One of the local Gunshops is having a sale on 24/7's of all calibers, and may investigate further, to see if they have a 2007 model.

By the way, the Magazine problems of the older guns are quite fixable, by either replacement of springs or sending the older magazines back to Taurus for free replacements!

·
Administrator
18,578 Posts
The very early DAO 24/7's had a regular Single Recoil Spring system. My new 9mm 24/7 has a captive tandem SeeCamp style two stage recoil spring setup, and I would expect newer .45's to have that also.

You can tell which one is on a 24/7, simply by looking at the Muzzle end of the Slide. The 2 Stage Recoil Spring Systems' end has an end approximately .40 in Diameter. The original single recoil spring systems have an approx .25 in Diameter end/hole.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My .45 24/7 Pro has the tandem two-coil spring. It was made in June 2007. I ordered mine special order to make sure that I got a new one, not one that had been sitting on a shelf or in a warehouse.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 24/7 PRO 45 has a single captive recoil spring. What is the problem with that compared to the tandem springs?

My serial # is NZK 535xx. Can I find the date of manufacture from that?

Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Whammer, I do believe yours was made in Jan. of 2006

I have a Aug. 2006 model and a Jan. 2007 model 24/7Pro both in 45acp, my 06 is my range beast and my 07 is my carry piece, both are identical

·
Administrator
18,578 Posts
Whammer said:
My 24/7 PRO 45 has a single captive recoil spring. What is the problem with that compared to the tandem springs?
Nothing really WRONG with the single captive recoil spring system. That system has served many different pistol designs for years and is quite flexible. The newer Captive Tandem Recoil Systems do allow for more buffering of the Slide Assembly impact and are considered by many, including myself, to be an improvement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts