Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Good for SC. I don’t have the stats but I’m pretty sure that applications for CC permits are on the rise in most states where permitted.

·
Registered
29,958 Posts
Come on South Carolina make us proud by pushing Florida outta the #1 spot.

Florida, state of 1 Million Concealed Carry Licenses and counting! :icon_ lala:

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The official numbers, but my permit number is over 200,000, which means for 2012 there were over 52,000 permits issued.
No actual data for 2012 yet on SLED's website.
Active Permits as of December 31, 2011 ----- 148,624

I did some more searching, still no official number, but different news reports say anywhere from 60K to 62K applications in 2012.

·
22,058 Posts
I think the fact that many types of guns and any ammo has become so hard to find, the nation
for the most part is in panic mode.

I suspect by the time they ban certain rifles and high cap mags, everybody will already own them.

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
Good for South Carolina. I know that I will feel safer when traveling south. In these days of most people not getting appropriate exercise, what's better than exercising your rights.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I just hope they've got more then just that one old woman working the desk! Mine has been down there for about 30 days already.....

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It took 86 days for mine from date I mailed it to date it arrived.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
My guess is that applications are soaring everywhere except Illinois. They would be in Illinois if the state allowed them.

·
Registered
832 Posts
It took 86 days for mine from date I mailed it to date it arrived.
Sounds like that might be the norm... and that it hasn't changed in a long time!

Range owner said his took 93 days when he renewed his the last time. Application says expect at least 90 days..

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Good for SC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts