·
Super Moderator
38,004 Posts
Def Glock wannabee...no manual safety.

Reactions: jtg452

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Looks like one of those crappy Taurus G2's.....................:)

Reactions: Rotorflyr and NotSo

·
Administrator
40,573 Posts
I've been wondering for a while if there isn't a new trend starting. Glock of course has no manual safety, Smith&Wesson, Sig, Mossberg, and I suppose others are making models like this.
Since buying my first Glock, I find that I actually like the option.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am glad to see another option hit the market. Better late than never. Mossberg took a heck of a leap moving forward with their idea.
I prefer my duty weapons to not have a manual safety. If a model happens to have or OBLY comes with a manual safety I will still purchase it.

·
Super Moderator
35,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Striker fired, no safety, doohickey trigger. It's da rage. :D I think they must be cheap to build and that's why there's so many of 'em. But, they're the AR of the pistol world, it seems. Seems like even the 1911 is losing popularity to this format, though everyone seems to build a 1911 now days, too. :laugh:

Back 40 years ago, only cheap "ring of fire" guns were striker fired. I would read in magazines about them and writers would advise to never carry these striker fired guns with a round in the chamber. They were cheap, I guess that was wise advice for a Raven or something. But, NOBODY made a striker fired "decent" gun bac then. Now, they're EVERYwhere. :rofl: Times do change. Glock was the ice breaker, now it's a regular band wagon for manufactures to jump on.

Now, I've owned Mossberg firearms that weren't shotguns. They're making rifles now. I had a M152 which was a .22LR semi auto made back in the 50s. I got mine in the 60s. I guess Mossberg is diversifying in the gun world, probably a good thing for them. I mean, the world MUST be saturated by pump shotguns by now. :laugh: I think they're a little late getting into the striker gun market, though. We'll see. As a consumer, I suppose there can't be too many good choices, right?

·
Super Moderator
35,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I am glad to see another option hit the market. Better late than never. Mossberg took a heck of a leap moving forward with their idea.
I prefer my duty weapons to not have a manual safety. If a model happens to have or OBLY comes with a manual safety I will still purchase it.
I guess you can always carry it safety off if it has one. Me, I'm too old school to find THAT and option. It goes against my early gun safety training which is sorta burned in to my brain, what I have left of a brain. I got a PT145 some time back and carry it safety on even though it slows my draw, is not right under my thumb like a good 1911. I've considered carrying it safety off, but I just can't make myself do it. I do prefer DA guns. I'm thinking again about getting a Springfield Armory XDe in .45. I'll give up some firepower. Not a big deal.

·
Registered
29,959 Posts
Like the current AR glut in the market has brought their prices down, pretty soon they'll be so much "combat-tupperware" on the market they'll be having "Buy one get one free" sales pretty soon...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like the looks of the Mossberg MC1 and they do have a version with a cross-bolt safety. My High Standard Duramatic has a cross-bolt safety and it’s no problem.

The Mossberg comes from the factory with a steel recoil rod instead of the plastic used by many other manufacturers.

Let’s give the Mossberg a chance and actual users will quickly tell us if it’s a good product or not.

Every time a new gun comes out there are complaints if it has a safety while there are others who complain if it doesn’t have a safety.

When the Taurus G2 came out all of the usual Taurus-Haters lined up to give us their expert opinions as to what a piece of crap it would be. Time has proven what a dependable weapon the G2 has been and it’s picking up new fans every day.

I’ll turn eighty this July and if there’s one thing I’ve learned it’s not to knock something before you’ve tried it.

The new Mossberg looks like like a smaller version of my Ruger SR9C and that’s a good thing in my book.

·
Super Moderator
35,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I get a Springfield XDe, I'll carry it safety off and DA mode just like I've always carried my Ruger KP90DC or my Ruger P85 or my Radom P64. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts