Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
I've never heard of this ammo so I had to look it up. Very intersting!!

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Pretty interesting. Don't remember, did Shootingthebull try them in gel?

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Never mind found it:

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I had heard of this ammo. Very interesting to see the "wounds". I am looking at their site, and see that they make a 60 gr .243. Tempted to get some for some varmint/deer work.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Now, when you see that wound in the chest of a person in OR, you will know what bullet it was. Nice identifier indeed.

Reactions: chicagotrauma

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Interesting indeed.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
If it's gel performance translates to actual performance in flesh, then it looks like something eligible for military use being a non-expanding round. Aside from cost, of course.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The best part about the bullet design is that it's off patent. If these become as popular as I predict they will be (for .380acp at least) we will see the price come down soon. This will of course lead to them being banned in NJ and CA.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i am curious, this bullet looks like it would be prone to jamming.
It took a while for my 380s to warm up to it. My Sig 238 had trouble chambering the first round. Had to tap it a few times. Now no issues and I can run 7 shots in a row without a problem.

My new TCP still has trouble chambering the first round (even ball ammo). But last week I ran a full mag of 6 without issue.

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
The best part about the bullet design is that it's off patent. If these become as popular as I predict they will be (for .380acp at least) we will see the price come down soon. This will of course lead to them being banned in NJ and CA.
Price will likely drop some!
But its a solid copper projectile so the price for the projectiles alone are about double what a conventional hollow point cost.
and I would imagine that theres a lot more to actually making this projectile than even the more conventional copper hollow point.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I'm interested but my 1911 has trouble chambering flat-nosed reloads so I wonder if it'll have trouble chambering these.

·
22,034 Posts
X marks the spot!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts