Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, off to the range today (7-27-2008) I went to fire my XD40SC for the 3rd outing. It now has a total of 300 rounds through it. Today I fired 50 rounds at 25 yards double-tap style for a total of 25 firings. I am totally impressed with this little .40 caliber. This gun shoots sweeter and sweeter each time I shoot it. If it gets any better I won't be able to stand it.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
mp3mogul said:
If it gets any better I won't be able to stand it.
If you're not able to stand it, I'm sure there are a multitude of members here willing to take it off your hands. ;D

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
NYPD said:
If you're not able to stand it, I'm sure there are a multitude of members here willing to take it off your hands. ;D
Oh yeah!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
8-2-2008 Range Report

Fired again this morning, 200 rounds. Now the gun is "fully" broken in with 500 rounds through her. This is the smoothest firing handgun I've ever owned, and I wouldn't trade it for any gun...

Okay, these were 25 increment, double taps from 25 yards, 50 rounds total fired.

This time I used handloads. Winchester cases, CCI primers, Speer 180gr GDHP, and 8.6gr Blue Dot powder. The target speaks for itself:

·
Super Moderator
21,806 Posts
Nice shooting I've got a XD-9 that's one of my favorite guns next to my PT1911. It will shoot anything and has well over 1000 rounds through it. I'm still looking hard for the 709 or 809 coming out they look rather interesting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts