Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glocks have plugs that fit in the small curved opening that is between the magazine well and the backstrap. They make a "plug" for this.

The XD Series, in particular the XD .45 has the same kind of curved opening. I would appretiate knowing if anyone has found of a similar type plug for XDs?

Particularly when using the XD for carry, this opening seems to be a lint magnet. I know it is closed off but still I would be most grateful if anyone has any ideas. I have been asking around, and as yet, no one is aware of anything like the G plugs. I know that the plug fitting a Glock 17 did not fit it. Perhaps others with both guns and a diff model of Glock have had more success?

I also know that from looking at a mag well made for the XD being sold on Ebay that the magwell has a piece that inserts into this opening to secure it. So it would make sense that somewhere there is a plug for it. I just haven't found it yet. I also called XDpistols.com and they said they were not aware of any on the market as yet.

Respects- Brizz

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mr NYPD. I am most grateful. I was actually looking for just the plug. But since you can easily add or remove magwell I think I will go that route. I was also quite impressed with the overall offerings. That is far superior to even WWW.XDPistols.com . I really appretiate the reply.

I was going to send mine into Springfield's Custom Shop. Now, I may just do the upgrades myself now that you pointed me to this sight. I can't believe I had not found it in my searches. Thank-you so very much again.

Respects- Brizz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts