Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or own one of these new Taurus .45's? I am in the market for a smaller handgun, and keep seeing that ad for them as a header in the forums. I am wanting to stay in the .45 caliber for a number of reasons, mainly I'm already for reloading and don't want to buy another set of dies...and I like big holes ;). Any suggestions is always welcome too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for setting me straight on the maker of the XDM. It still looks like a great little gun though...

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I agree. That's about the third time I've watched the video, and it gets me thinking every time. Then I start thinking about the PT145 that I already have, and ask myself if I need another compact 45. I like my PT145 pretty good, and it's hard to match it's features. I particularly like the trigger on mine, which breaks consistently at 4.5 pounds. That compact XDM sure seems competent, though. What I'd really like to see is a compact PT845.

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
The PT145 fits my hand like a glove, is 100% reliable, accurate, lighter...and much better looking than the XD line...;)

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
I had an XD-45 compact and loved it. Great pistol, shoots great, all around nice piece. The thing I liked about it was, it was like having two guns in one with the 10 round mag and the 13 round with the grip xtension. I don`t believe you would be disappointed with one.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
SA has a XDm sub compact that just showed up in the LGS recently. They look sweet but are going for $610. The XD SS slide sub compact is on sale for $449. They sure are sweet shooters too. I like the 9mm, .40 S&W and the .45 Auto versions.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Man....I watched that video....just wished I could shoot like that!!! What a nice video!

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Man....I watched that video....just wished I could shoot like that!!! What a nice video!
Hickok's got a couple other videos comparing the compact XD to a Glock 30 and a 36 IIRC. That's pretty interesting too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
IMHO the XDm .45 Compact is heads and tails above the Taurus 24/7 G2 .45 compact. I had both and actually traded my G2 for an XDm .40 compact. The G2 is a good gun, don't get me wrong not trying to dis Taurus or anything, But the XDm feels so much better, has a better trigger pull, and has not given me any problems what so ever. The G2 had many FTFeed and FTE whereas I have had zero problems with either of my XDm's with at least 300 rounds through the .40 and 500 rounds through the .45. If your looking to choose between the two, spend the extra cash and get the XDm, You will not be disappointed, which is more than what I can say for the Taurus 24/7 G2. Although I do miss the "Second Strike" capabilities of the G2 I do not miss the long DA trigger pull or the FTF, FTE's I consistently had with the G2. Just my .02 cents. Hope you enjoy your new purchase!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I have a XDM9 Subcompact and it is heads and tails above most pistols I own, including my Tauruses. The one thing I like above all on my XDM is Springfields' Point and Shoot aspect. Everytime I raise my XDM its already on sight. The front sight isright in the middle of the rear sights. Go to your LGS and handle one and do that and you will see what I speak of. All my other guns are generally front end heavy and slightly pointing downwards when I do that. It might take a second to bring the front end between the two rear sights but the XD is already there. Its that well balanced and Springfield advertises that.

I'm saving now to get the XDM .45 Subcompact.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts