Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still waiting for my 27/7 .40, but would like to start ordering ammo. I was wondering if anyone has had any issues using the brass from WWB's?

·
Super Moderator
35,016 Posts
Sell your brass on ebay. I don't load for the .40. .38/.357 or .45 Colt and I'd be all over it, LOL.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've used a lot of it in .45, .40, .357 Mag and .38 Spec. No problems at all.

·
Administrator
17,685 Posts
I've used it in .380, 9mm, .38 Spec., .45 ACP, and .223. No problems! Reloads just fine.

·
Administrator
17,685 Posts
Blazer Brass

I've loaded some Blazer Brass in .45 ACP and 9mm with no problems so far. I even tested one lot (.45 ACP) by reloading it and shooting it 3 times. No problems! Test Pistol was my older EAA .45 Witness. I also reloaded that lot again (4th load) and it's on my supply shelf.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only cases that have caused me any problems have been the "Amerc" brass from some American Ammo I bought some time back. Some cases wouldn't fit into the shell holder, and the primer pockets are pretty loose after the initial firing. I picked up a few cases last time I went shooting that were marked Federal 07 on them, and the primer pockets were swaged real tight, and I wound up chunking them. Also watch out for the Winclean?? cases that have the small primers in them.

·
Administrator
39,489 Posts
Haven't had any brass cause problems in any of my guns, but I picked up a bunch of range brass a while back that had what I think was Israeli made brass. Shoots fine, but the primer pockets are very tight. Makes the priming sequence a little spooky, so I avoid those. WWB no problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts