Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, my interests have changed since getting my ccw, i have been holding on to a nice dan wesson 357 w/ the 4 barrel set for some time. it is complete w/ case tools etc. one of the grips has a chip in it. the lever action 30/30 is in fair shape, a no name brand or generic. i am looking for usable guns, my interests would be an AR-15 varient (223, 30-06, 308), for a lefty (stag) would be nice, i also would like a large bore semi auto rifle or repeat fire (bolt w/ magazine) sniper type set up, again in large bore. i also have a small frame revolver (38/357) on my list, preferably taurus. i am in northern ohio.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I'm not in the market for anything right now but wish I had the cash to give an offer on the DW. You might want to think about pricing so if someone asks you're ready.

Good luck,
Steelheart

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes a price on the DW would be nice I may be interested in it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i knew that was coming, and i don't have a firm number. i see guys parting down the kits on e-bay and getting close to $1000, and i have seen them priced like that on gun broker etc. but don't know if they actually sell. that's why i named what i want, someone on the in w/ connections on the AR stuff probably could do well in a trade, but not any better than i can by cashing out and re-investing.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
A thought, take the entire kit to a couple of gun shops and see what they will give you. Then you will have a good idea of a value.

What I've done in the past (and am currently doing) is to wander around Gunbroker and GunsAmerica for comparable stuff.

http://www.gunbroker.com/
http://www.gunsamerica.com/

Just had another thought. Have you looked for a Dan Wesson revolver forum? I'd think they might have an idea of value.

Steelheart

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the 30/30 is almost identical to gun item 976861405 on guns america. it is a revelation? they want $350 for that gun, which is more than i thought mine was worth. again, if it comes in as cash, then it goes back out as a bill paid. if it comes in as a trade, my wife is none the wiser. i posted a picture of the dan wesson on a yahoo forum for dan wessons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts