Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Off the Market - WTS-SIG556 Classic Swat AR - Very Nice!! Orlando, FL

Gun is no longer for sale - couldn't find anywhere to delete it...

Selling a Sig Sauer 556 Classic Swat 556/223 Piston AR. I'm the original owner and it has less then 300 rnds thru it; has been a safe queen ever since. Comes with original Sig Blue case, manual and TWO original 30 rnd mags with coupler (uses standard AR mags). It's in excellent shape. Original MSRP was around $2400. This one has the folding ADJUSTABLE stock, unlike the newer models that don't adjust. It also has the rotary dioptic rear sight and ambidextrous safety. It has a very smooth trigger compared to the standard AR trigger. This is NOT your basic AR.

Price is only $1600 for package; two used ones just sold 2/11 on Gunbroker for $1600+, not including shipping and FFL fees. This is a great buy compared to what basic AR's are selling for now...

FTF sale close to east Orlando and you must be able to legally own and possess a firearm in Florida.

Will consider shipping to your FFL at your expense with USPS MO.

Here's some specs on it:

The Classic SWAT is a semiautomatic rifle with the silhouette that harkens back to the original military-only 550 model. Featuring a full length gas piston operating system with a 2-position gas valve, the rifle will keep operating even when the environmental conditions deteriorate. Available in 5.56 NATO, the Classic SWAT features a Swiss-type folding stock, as well as a aluminum quadrail forend that is ideally suited for mounting accessories. The Classic SWAT’s sleek profile and compact length is enhanced by a 16’’ button rifled barrel. SIG SAUER shaved a pound off the Classic model by incorporating the redesigned alloy trigger housing, AR style magazine and flash suppressor.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Very nice rifle... very reasonable price as well. Too many scary features for us here in CT. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the good words JoshNix9! I totally agree it's a very nice rifle and a step or two above a standard AR; with the prices I'm seeing the basic AR's selling for, like the basic DPMS or M&P15 Sport, I would have thought this would have been gone by now...those basic AR's don't even come close to comparing to the quality and build of this SIG556...IMHO of course...lol!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
i saw the armslist post of this and if i had the cash on hand, i'd be driving over that way asap.

sadly, it's not in the budget for me now though.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Give it a week, tax returns are starting to hit peoples accounts now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.