Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this as a NOS (New Old Stock) on 02-14-2014 which means that it has been for the greatest part sitting alone in a back dark corner of my safe.

Now don't get me wrong, it has been pulled into the light to play dress up Taurus, kind of like dress up Barbie except with a Taurus. You know what I mean, let's try on various styles and colors of grips. As such it has been wiped down on the exterior and lightly on the interior, but will require a degrease cleaning before taken to the range..

Currently it wears a nice Pachmayr wrap around rubber grip. I also have the Taurus OEM grip panels and possibly a pair of Hogue rubber side panels (but can not promise that at this time).

For those of you who do not know the difference between the PT99 and the PT92, it is that the PT99 (which is what this is) has adjustable rear sights where the PT92 has fixed in place non adjustable rear sights.

This PT99 is an early production firearm and does not have the safety decocker, it does have the frame mounted safety, just not the decocker function. It also has the small lanyard loop on the butt of the grip. The early production PT while not having the decocker function, do have the smoothest slide action as the slide feels to almost glide above the frame of the firearm.

This comes in the original styro molded packaging with all paperwork and cardboard cover.

Prefer to sale Face to Face locally here in the DFW,TX area. TX buyer must have proof of being a Texas resident, and be legally purchase, own, possess a firearm in the state of Texas. Buyer must also be a minimum age of 21.

Should someone be interested in buying this and having it shipped from FFL to FFL my FFL charges approx. $40-$50 to do so.

Any Questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Photos to follow:

$350

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sitting here looking at these photos of the PT-99 and noticed how thick the finish is applied to the pistol when compared to what is being put out by manufactures in todays market. Truly amazing how the quality has changed over the years. Also surprising what the buying public has become accustomed to accepting with out questioning other quality control parts, used on some of todays firearms.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MODs, Let's go ahead and close this listing if you would please.

I managed to convince myself that this is a "Keeper". Plus if I sold it I would be stuck with an overabundance of magazines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.