Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WTS 1994 Vintage PT99AFS **Sold**

I bought the Taurus in 1994. It was made in 1994, SN TMJ2120XX. Put a couple hundred rounds thru it and boxed it up and put it in the back of my safe and never shot it again. It's time for a new project and I'm liquidating this gun since I never use it. The gun is a Taurus PT99AFS 9mm in immaculate condition with original checkered walnut grips. I always felt it was too pretty to shoot. It comes with the original box, papers, cleaning rod and sight adjusting tool, etc and 1 original OEM 15 round magazine and 3 Ramline 18 round stainless steel magazines. The Ramlines have been tested and function perfectly in this gun. This gun is listed in other venues.
I want $400 plus $25 shipping by Postal Money Order. You'll need an FFL that accepts firearms from an individual. Some FFLs don't and they're not required to. I don't have an FFL but I will furnish a copy of my drivers license with the gun. I'll need an email copy of FFL before shipment. No trades. First "I'll take it" posted gets it. **Price Reduced to $400 shipped** **SOLD**

The smut you see on the right hand side of the frame is nothing more than gun oil

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Wow, sweet looking and well-loved 99! I am not in the market for one, but it certainly could be a good deal for someone!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just sent a PM to a friend of mine who was looking for something very similar. Hopefully he gets in touch with you today.

·
Registered
14,037 Posts
Is that a lanyard I see down on the butt of this PT? Is this stainless or nickel plated...it looks to be different from todays stainless models.

·
Super Moderator
40,577 Posts
If that was a blued PT-99 I would take it. I am partial to the blued ones, have the two earlier versions and am looking to ad this version to my collection next.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Is that a lanyard I see down on the butt of this PT? Is this stainless or nickel plated...it looks to be different from todays stainless models.
Yes it is a lanyard. This is a all Stainless Steel gun with semi polished aluminum frame.

·
Registered
14,037 Posts
DAMN..That is one fine looking pistol. The new photos show it well. Time to do a little soul searching and make up my mind on whether to get froggy and jump on it. And this after I swore off of new pistols being added to my little collection.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Wow, nice. Someones gonna get a sweet gun. Were it a .40 cal it would be heading my way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, nice. Someones gonna get a sweet gun. Were it a .40 cal it would be heading my way.
While I admit that the 40cal is a better defensive cartridge than the 9mm, a prudent person just might want to keep a 9mm gun around just in case 40cal ammo becomes unavailable. Beside 9mm ammo can still be found reasonably cheap as compared to 40cal ammo, even now.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I have a similar PT99 made in 1992. Very accurate, 100% reliable and relatively cheap to shoot, although not as nice looking as Tyrods. That 9mm goes everywhere possible with me, around the farm, all over the place by horseback and in the woods. It's the gun that bumped my beloved .44 special from fave carry to playtime fun gun.

I am speaking from experience when stating that someone is going to get a sweet gun.

ETA:It came with an 18 round Ramline mag that has also proven 100% reliable over several hundred rounds.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah, same here.

While I admit that the 40cal is a better defensive cartridge than the 9mm, a prudent person just might want to keep a 9mm gun around just in case 40cal ammo becomes unavailable. Beside 9mm ammo can still be found reasonably cheap as compared to 40cal ammo, even now.
I'm not skipping because I don't appreciate 9mm as a defensive cartridge--I definitely do.

But because I already have a 9mm pistol, and don't need another. It's a great looking gun, though. I almost regret not offering to buy it :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Remember, whatever hokey new law that might drible down the pike, this is a pre-ban gun with 4 pre-ban magazines that will always remain a pre-ban gun with pre-ban magazines. I wish I could reduce the price more, but I just shipped a gun sold on another venue and shipping prices have increased tremendously since I shipped a few guns a number of months ago. If it don't sell, well it'll just have to live next to my Beretta 92FS and still be too pretty for me to shoot.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That's a really-sweet looking PT99. With four mags, it's a nice deal for someone in the market for one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't let this one get away. Pretty soon I'll just forget it's here and let it fall off the end.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts