Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out my buddy's BRAND NEW PT145SS (same as mine) has been at Taurus for the SECOND time for over 3 months now!!!!!! :mad:

He calls them every week and they always tell him "We have not gotten to it yet.".

What they WANT to lose customers beacuse of their POS repair system and support?? :???:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
From what I understand, this is business as usual at Taurus. When I took mine back to the dealer to be returned and repaired, the dealer stated that they were seriously thinking about discontinuing the Taurus line because of the high failure/return rate. I really don't think Taurus is being purposely slow to repair, just that they are overwhelmed with the number of their products being returned.

·
Registered
276 Posts
mrnuke7571 said:
What they WANT to lose customers beacuse of their POS repair system and support?? :???:
Yep. I am sure they don't want to have a solid customer base and try hard at providing the worst possible service so Taurus owners will throw away their guns to never buy another one again! Makes sense, right?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I believe that was just a sarcastic remark made out of disappointment and desperation.

·
Registered
108 Posts
"slower than smoke off of cold **** on a frosty morning" should be a fitting description of the speed of service :) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
276 Posts
jlentz said:
I believe that was just a sarcastic remark made out of disappointment and desperation.
I know it was. :) I was just playing a little turn about. Sometimes we just have to take a deep breath and try to think that the company isn't intentionally trying to stick it to us. If we can get that far in our thinking we will have a better outlook on what is going on, versus getting all frustrated and angry.

·
Registered
846 Posts
LOL, Pierce I got it. :thumb: ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Intentionally or not, it's bad customer service and the more people know about these problems the less they are going to sell. Simple.
I was going to buy a 24/7 45acp and a stainless PT92, but I am not after all the bad stuff I've been hearing about their returns and stuff.
F that.

I've had 4 Taurus Pistols, a PT1911HD, a PT111SS, a PT911ss and a PT145ss (still have this one). No major issues with any of them, other that the
PT1911HD popped the hammer spring out of place once, but I rather not take a chance of havng to deal with their repair and customer service bull.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Mrnuke, you are not going to buy another Taurus after owning 4 other of their pistols with no major issues with any of them because you have heard they provide poor customer service?? Ok. I think you are being a bit hasty. Please excuse me as I find your story hard to believe. I have owned one Taurus with no problems at all and I would not hesitate to buy another. If I owned four with no major issues I would certainly not care about what I read from others as issues, since my personal experience would prove that the guns are good product. Sorry, but you are making no sense to me, but to each his own.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Wow...mrnuke...
I am going to help a friend also buy a gun and if that happened to him i would be bummed also.. ;)

But..not buying a gun because of CS does not make sense to me either...
What happened to your other 3 guns, did they not work or did you trade them????

Taurus Guns are definitely priced to where working guys can afford them, so i imagine they sell a lot more than many other brands..
I have read so many posts on whats wrong with Taurus CS..but i have also read many good posts also... 8)

You are always going to read more negative about something than positive, people just are that way..
Just my guess, but i imagine there are alot of guys out there with Taurus guns that will never say they have them, but shoot them alot..

I am on 3 other forums and you would not believe how many other guns have problems and problems with CS also..( a good example is Glocks).... uh oh :eek:
Think about how many Glocks are out there, it would be amazing to know and you have entire LE agencies making them the duty handgun

PS..i used Glock as a reference only because of the history of them and how many departments and others have them or use them..
They are still one of the best guns out there

One of these forums is hosted by a very well known guy in the shooting world, and they have a section dedicated to Glock only and 1911s..
But when i read in there, most guys never say they won't buy another one..they are just frustrated at the time..
The more products that are sold the more you have a chance on having a bigger percentage of issues.. i know Glock sells alot of guns and so does Taurus..

Intentionally or not, it's bad customer service and the more people know about these problems the less they are going to sell. Simple.
I was going to buy a 24/7 45acp and a stainless PT92, but I am not after all the bad stuff I've been hearing about their returns and stuff.
Hopefully people are not relying on CS as a reason not to buy..
now if the certain gun has a recall that would be different..
Sorry you are upset, i would be too.. :-\
I hope your friends gun is taken care of..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pierce said:
Mrnuke, you are not going to buy another Taurus after owning 4 other of their pistols with no major issues with any of them because you have heard they provide poor customer service?? Ok. I think you are being a bit hasty. Please excuse me as I find your story hard to believe. I have owned one Taurus with no problems at all and I would not hesitate to buy another. If I owned four with no major issues I would certainly not care about what I read from others as issues, since my personal experience would prove that the guns are good product. Sorry, but you are making no sense to me, but to each his own.
How exactly is it HARD to believe. I have had no problems with my tauruses, but I have not had to deal with their Customer Service/repair process either. I presume NOR HAVE YOU. My friend who bought a PT145 after shooting mine has had it for about 2 weeks total time since buying it and Taurus has had it for almost 5 months total now. TELL ME where that is 'acceptable'.
If you want to play 'chance' of having a gun that you can not shoot for months then get it back and it is STILL not fixed, then send it off again and the manufacturer tells you they STILL have not even LOOKED at it after it has been there for 3 months the SECOND time, tell me you would be HAPPY to buy more of their products. Give me a friggin break.

I have always been lucky when it came to guns, even cheap POS guns have almost always perfectly behaved for me. My PT145 I carry in the summer and trust it without problems. BUT to me and MANY others customer service/repair issues mean a LOT , and knowing people that have dealt with Smith&Wesson , RUGER and SIG's repair process, they were ALL fixed or replaced and returned between 1 to 3 weeks, with good communication between the company and the customer. Taurus better get on the ball or they will slowly falter away.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have been waiting for a month just to get arecoil spring for a three month old 24/7. Taurus had me mail them the old spring before they would send a replacement. I would have thought that they would have these in stock and would send it right out. I did not understand why they needed the failed spring back first.

Taurus does need to work on customer service and their turnaround time. I am glad I have several others guns to depend on while waiting for parts. However I would not hesitate to purchase another from Taurus. I have not had any problems with the other I own. I am hoping that someone at Taurus reads some of these forums and understand the frustration when the turn aorund time is so long.

I also think that they should work on keeping the customer informed of the delays. If people knew the time frame for the repairs up front, they would not get so upset .

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I am hoping that someone at Taurus reads some of these forums and understand the frustration when the turn aorund time is so long.

I also think that they should work on keeping the customer informed of the delays. If people knew the time frame for the repairs up front, they would not get so upset .
Good Call..Muttmutt.. :D :D

I don't blame mrnuke7571 at all for being upset..
He totally has a right, in his shoes i might be the same way..

Hopfully this thread will not get nasty, i really think we should be able to be upset about something with Taurus and post it..
But i always seems to get away, then it gets locked..(and that is very fine with me)
I like knowing that people can come on here and see these posts on real problems but in the replies there is no bashing or word wars..

There is alot of good info and understanding on here from everybody..
Sometimes i think when we are upset, we just want someone to hear us and say "I Understand" ..
Doesn't mean We agree with them,but we hear them..

I love Flyers "Sticky" at the top of this..
;)

MrNuke..hang in there... :D
Keep us posted on this...

·
Registered
108 Posts
The little 145 made it back from Florida to my house....and is set to get tested with FMJ's and HP's. Hope it is hungry because if it FTF or ANYTHING out of the ordinary, a local gun shop is accepting it on a trade for a PX4 in .45 acp.

I Want to target shoot, not wonder when my gun is coming back and forth from repairs. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
108 Posts
If it starts getting funny, we'll put your slide on my frame and so on. I'll mark mine with a sharpie so we know which is which. A few guys suggested that last time.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, we can try that, BUT if yours infects mine and then mine starts acting up, I'm shoving it up your......... :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts