Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wtb: Taurus pt845 slide Cancelled

I sent my slide in for Dura Coating and after repeated email and phone calls with no response I have accepted the fact that something has happened to my
slide. It has been well over a month now. So if anyone out there has one for sale or knows where I can buy one please advice. [email protected]

·
Administrator
35,115 Posts
Its not very likely that somebody has an 809 slide laying around - you need to pursue finding out what happened to your slide. Start by pestering them every few hours, and if that doesn't work then fill out a BBB complaint. Then, file a complaint with the Attorney General in that state and tell them that they lost your merchandise.

Don't give up - they owe you your slide back.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I sent my slide in for Dura Coating and after repeated email and phone calls with no response I have accepted the fact that something has happened to my
slide. It has been well over a month now. So if anyone out there has one for sale or knows where I can buy one please advice. [email protected]
YIKES! That sucks big time......man, that's just criminal.
Well, I would contact TAURUS CS.......plead your case to a Supervisor and see if he/she can "hook you up" with a good deal.

Also.......some companies are just plain BAD with email/contact correspondance......so maybe all is well and your slide will show up in the mail soon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would just go up there and point the frame in their face. Get it? Because the frame is that actual gun? Crap...it sounded better in my head. Good luck man. Sorry to hear.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
You sent it to a gun shop ................ so check with the BATFE. Gun shop owners hate calls from the BATFE. You might also call the police department in the town where you sent your slide. Odds are there will be a rational explanation for this somewhere along the way.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
You sent it to a gun shop ................ so check with the BATFE. Gun shop owners hate calls from the BATFE. You might also call the police department in the town where you sent your slide. Odds are there will be a rational explanation for this somewhere along the way.
I'd have to agree. As much as I dislike them, call your local BATFE field office. Call the police in the town where you sent it, as well.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Sounds like good advice to me.

And...I'd wager that it will get some results for you if you follow Big Skiff's counsel.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The good part of this situation is He has not even billed me yet!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
The good part of this situation is He has not even billed me yet!!
Did you mail it via UPS/FED EX with tracking? Are you sure he received the slide? If you know for SURE.....then call BATFE, BBB, and local police and let them know what is going on. Maybe......it was damaged or misplaced and the shop is trying to figure out a solution WITHOUT involving you (makes no sense to do it this way, but business people can be strange).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts