Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoy my Ruger .44 Magnums a great deal, but would like to obtain a Taurus that is chambered in .44 Special. If you have such an item that needs to move to a new home, please drop me a note and we'll go from there. I have some degree of interest in *any* .44 Special, but would especially be interested in a 441 or a 431. Thanks!

Amistad

·
Administrator
35,286 Posts
They can be found on Gunbroker and some other places, but....I've never seen one in a used gun case or in a pawn shop. Ever.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not buy a Taurus .44 mag and shoot Special out of it?
Yessir, that is certainly an option, and is what I do a lot of in my Ruger 44 Magnums. But it's my thinking that a gun chambered specifically for .44 Special need not be as beefy as a magnum gun, thus being somewhat smaller and lighter in the hand...

Amistad

·
32,528 Posts
They can be found on Gunbroker and some other places, but....I've never seen one in a used gun case or in a pawn shop. Ever.
He hit the nail on the head.

Guns for Sale - Online Gun Auction - Buy Guns at GunBroker.com

Gun Auctions & Guns For Sale at GunAuction.com
Guns for Sale, Gun Classifieds, Gun Auctions, Shop for Guns at GunsAmerica

These 3 are your best chances of finding one.

Even look for a Rossi 720. Last year there were a lot of these .44 Special revolver of Taurus and Rossi available. Right now there isn't but I'd do a weekly or several times a week recon of these online auction sites.

Sorry that they are hard to find.

Many of us saw the models out there and did dry up the sources for now. Give it a month or two.

There are a lot of gun models shortages goingon right now. February on might well change things.

There're Taurus 445 ULs for sale online. Those are snub revolvers, but are at least available.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many thanks for the helpful reply, Qwiks draw. I did do a bunch of online reading on the Rossi 720. Though a few folks said they are junk, I found numerous other Rossi 720 owners who think they are a really desirable gun. I like the looks of the gun, and so I ended up buying one (3" stainless) in excellent condition yesterday. If I like it once I have it in hand and have shot it, my quest will probably be over. If not, perhaps I'll continue to hunt for a nice 441 or 431. Actually, I might end up having the 720 *and* a Taurus. We'll see how things go...

Amistad

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yessir, that is certainly an option, and is what I do a lot of in my Ruger 44 Magnums. But it's my thinking that a gun chambered specifically for .44 Special need not be as beefy as a magnum gun, thus being somewhat smaller and lighter in the hand...Amistad
A very good point, I thought of that later after I posted actually. Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 720 was picked "As a jewel" by a gun writer last year. He couldn't get over the ones he handled and the one he finally bought.
Qwiks draw, do you recall what gun rag that gun writer writes for? I would love to read such a favorable review on the Rossi 720!

Amistad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts