Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to find a pt 1911 in a 38 super the polished black model with gold accents any ideas where to order/get one pls let me know

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
15,366 Posts
Ask, and ye shall receive.:)

I just ordered one from this dealer this morning at a super price!

Click on the link below:

TAURUS PT1911 AR POLISHED BLACK 38SUPER - Taurus Pistols
Same place, same guy, same firearm I got for my wife back in December. He's just down in Victoria Texas and did the whole FFL transfer and it was done in I believe 4 days for date of purchase to date of pickup. My wife Loves the 1911 and well, it made for some very um... close evenings.... Diamonds my backside. Nothing says I love you like pretty metal and Hoppes #9

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I have one it spends most of its time with a advantage arms 22 kit on it here it is with the 22 kit installed

·
Registered
606 Posts
CDNN has been listing 38 Super 1911s in their catalogs for awhile at a good price, altho I can't remember it now. Since the recent gun frenzy started you have to call them to order = 800-588-9500.

Maybe they still have some in stock.

·
Registered
15,366 Posts
CDNN has been listing 38 Super 1911s in their catalogs for awhile at a good price, altho I can't remember it now. Since the recent gun frenzy started you have to call them to order = 800-588-9500.

Been there Done that, they wre gone back in August

·
35,996 Posts
Same place, same guy, same firearm I got for my wife back in December. He's just down in Victoria Texas and did the whole FFL transfer and it was done in I believe 4 days for date of purchase to date of pickup. My wife Loves the 1911 and well, it made for some very um... close evenings.... Diamonds my backside. Nothing says I love you like pretty metal and Hoppes #9
The owner indicated in an email to me that his volume of sales has greatly increased in the past thirty days or so, and that they are unable to keep up with their normal shipping time; but he stated that the gun would, most likely, be shipped to my FFL dealer within seven to ten days of the receipt of my payment.

I have one it spends most of its time with a advantage arms 22 kit on it here it is with the 22 kit installed
Now that's SWEET!

I really like the grips. :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ask, and ye shall receive.:)

I just ordered one from this dealer this morning at a super price!

Hey Mil the 1911 has allways been my first love lol. I couldnt find the one I wanted when I bought my M66 but what you just got is what I am looking for at a later time this year now that I have bought the 66. I want to put White Pearl Grips on it too...
Congrats...

·
35,996 Posts
"Hey Mil the 1911 has allways been my first love lol.

I couldnt find the one I wanted when I bought my M66 but what you just got is what I am looking for at a later time this year now that I have bought the 66.

I want to put White Pearl Grips on it too...

Congrats..."

Thanks for your congratulatory words.

Now, White Pearl Grips...hmm, they would really complement that particular model nicely.
:rating10:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yes Sir Thats what I was thinking. Just look at at then picture the white pearls on it. SWEET!!!

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
The owner indicated in an email to me that his volume of sales has greatly increased in the past thirty days or so, and that they are unable to keep up with their normal shipping time; but he stated that the gun would, most likely, be shipped to my FFL dealer within seven to ten days of the receipt of my payment.

Now that's SWEET!

I really like the grips. :D

The grips are hogue wraparound grips @$17.00 or so off ebay I have the same grips on all my 1911s you have to sand out the back right side for the ambi safety the conversion kit is great i shoot 22lr cci blazers at less than $200. a case of 5000. the conversion kit linkis below cost less than $300.00. Advantage Arms Secure Online Store: 1911 Conversion Kits

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Nice looking super.Been tempted to get one several times but I already have two 1911's in .38 super.I like the color but to me if the accents were a brushed silver it would be perfect.The gold is a bit much for me and I have seen some not hold up so well.I would take it in .45 or 9mm though and have the gold switched to stainless(brushed or polished).Even a bronze color would look good.
If you wanted to dress it up the nice wood grips would give it a formal look also.Carry for every occasion.

·
Registered
37,070 Posts

NOPE! those are long gone many moons ago!
I picked up My stainless Pt1911 in 38 Super from them for 441.00 out the door, thats shipping and FFL fee, so thier price should have been about 409.00 or so for the stainless, the blue was like 389.00( both non gold accents) and the railed models were like 409 & 429 I think it was thats the blue and stainless with the gold accents..

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Now if you can just get ammo
for em it would be great

jhp

·
Registered
37,070 Posts
Now if you can just get ammo
for em it would be great
jhp
well that depends on where you live as to ammunition availablity!
see if you lived here you could just swing around to the ammo cabinet and pick up about 6-700 rounds or go down to the frankenstein laboratory in the garage and roll you another couple hundred.
sure am glad you don't live here so i can shoot up all that ammo all by myself.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I picked up one of these several years back, looked like a pimp gun. But you know when I got shooting it I fell in love with it, super accurate. The gold accents grew on me and now would not change anything on this pistol.

·
Registered
24,947 Posts
I have 2 of those one stainless and one blue. Love em both

1 - 20 of 23 Posts