Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife LOVES her Pink MilPro PT138, but she doesn't get to shoot it as often as she wants because .380 is harder to find, and we have a large stock of 9mm. Someone got to the Pink PT111 that just sold here before I could. My wife wants a 9mm, but is has to be pink, and has to be a Taurus. Anyone out there looking to get rid of one? PT111, 24/7, anything? Let me know what you've got, or if you know where to find one. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
You may have to find one and then get it duracoated I did my wifes for Christmas with a kit I bought online the hardest part is actually just the stripping of the parts the duracoat process was easy because I never seen a pink gun from the factory besides pics on line the sell like hotcakes.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have seen them at Gander Mountain in the past. They were 24/7 C 9mm. good luck with the search.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
The 738 and MilPros, like you saw, can be found in pink. Taurus also has a white poly M85 with pink grips out that looks just weird enough to probably end up being a high value collector's item.

If you decide to change the color of an existing 9mm's poly frame, I would not use Duracoat. Not that Duracoat is bad on poly, but it is not any more durable than Krylon's Fusion line of spray paints for plastic. And the Fusion paints are much, much cheaper and easier to apply. I have used both Duracoat and Krylon's Fusion paints on firearms and on PC cases, so I do have a little experience. Key to any paint job is prepping. Now if you want to do the slide (or other metal parts), Duracoat is the way to go.

There are also plastic dyes on the market, but I have never used them.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys! I know how hard it is to find these. When I bought the pink PT138, it was the first pink Taurus I had seen. When I came across the one for sale the other day, it sold the day I was going to arrange to buy it. I think I am on a wild goose chase at this point. I'm trying to avoid doing a coating, mainly for durability issues. If I cant find what I'm looking for, we will just keep the pink PT138. I know this forum is the place to go, so I think if I cant find it here, its likely a lost cause. Thanks again so far!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's been a little while... Anyone looking to get rid of a Pink 9mm Taurus, or have you seen one for sale lately?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still in the market for a pink 9mm Taurus... If you know where I can find one, let me know. Thanks!

·
32,852 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I checked it out. Seems to be mainly TCP's. I bought one for my wife about a year ago and she wasn't pleased with it. I pocket carry it now. I am really looking for a 9mm Taurus, preferably a PT111. I think I may be duracoating one for her at this point. Thanks for the effort though, and I like the extra theme song you provided, lol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Maybe you could find a 905 (small frame 9mm revolver) and put the hogue pink grips on it? Just a thought... Simpler operation, if that is desired. Good luck!

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Not really familiar with the PT-138, but will the frame swap with the PT-111?

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats the start to a great idea! I almost kicked myself for not thinking of it. Went and checked, and the magazine wells are different size. Damn...

·
Registered
14,285 Posts
I was over at my FFL this evening and asked if he could help you out, he didn't have anything in a Pink Taurus other the I believe it was a TCP in .380. He does have a Smith and Wesson stainless air weight revolver with both pink and black grips in a 38spl. Or the Beretta Nano 9mm with both the compact and extended magazines in Pink with black slide.

Sorry, that was the closest I could come to what you are looking for.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for taking the time! I really appreciate it! I'll figure something out... I found a raspberry Ruger LC9 locally that is a great deal and she'll like it. Probably going to go that route...

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
14,285 Posts
Thanks for taking the time! I really appreciate it! I'll figure something out... I found a raspberry Ruger LC9 locally that is a great deal and she'll like it. Probably going to go that route...
My FFL also had the raspberry Ruger in stock, and it is a pretty nice looking semi all in all.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
If your LGS is a Taurus dealer, just tell him to find you a pink PT-111, or 709. He can send an order through his distributor to find one at another location or in the pipeline. It is the same thing they do with cars. You tell them what you want and they search to find it. That is what I did to get my tan PT-111 several years ago. I think I paid a deposit up front and the rest on delivery.

Reactions: Qwiks draw

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a great idea too. Ill look into that, thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts