Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
You can use a MecGar mag for Sig P226. I use one, but it's 18 rds. and has a 1/2" gap between grip and mag base. I modified a Taurus mag spacer to fill the space. Otherwise, it is fully functional, even locking back on empty. You can catch them on sale at CDNN - I've paid less than $20 for mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks but I'm trying to find one more original mag. I just bought a case for my two OSS and it has a place that holds 12 mags and I have a total of 13. So with one mag in each pistol I'm one short of filling the mag pouches and my OCD is kicking in lol

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Thank but I'm trying to find one more original mag. I just bought a case for my two OSS and it has a place that holds 12 mags and I have a total of 13. So with one mag in each pistol I'm one short of filling the mag pouches and my OCD is kicking in lol

It is really nice to know that I am not the only one! :D

Don

Reactions: Wino

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
It is really nice to know that I am not the only one! :D

Don
You're not alone - I have 12-15 + the P226 mags. Twelve to fifteen of the many reasons my PT24/7 PRO DS isn't going back to Taurus for a PT111G2.

·
Registered
8,802 Posts
TO OP - if all you want is to fill the pockets, then P226 will do just fine.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found one at a small gun shop on my way to Wharton Texas that I just happen to see and stop at. They had two Taurus mags both new in original package hanging on the shelf. One was for the 908 and the other just happen to be the 17 round 24/7 Pro mag I was looking for. Best part it was only 25 bucks. Now my case has an even amount of mags but there's room for two more 😁 The search for more mags continues

1 - 8 of 8 Posts