Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
35,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a full sized, 45acp Taurus pistol. Would prefer a face to face purchase in the Dallas Fort Worth area.

Specifically looking for a PT845, a 24/7 Pro or 24/7 Gen 2, or a really nicely priced PT1911.

PM me if you have such a pistol on the block, or if you know somebody that does.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Check with GT Distributors; they frequently have some trade-ins at decent prices.

They are located just off of 635 at the Garland-Dallas line.

http://www.gtdist.com/GTDALLASSHOWROOM.htm

I have purchased quite a bit from them in recent years.

I cannot visit my daughter in the Dallas area without a visit to GT (as well as a Fry's in Plano, CompUSA at Collin Creek, MEI on 75, Cabela's in Allen, and a few other addictive places).

·
Administrator
35,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip.....I'll bet I've seen you in Frys and didn't know it. :D Great place to go and get lost for awhile.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Glock 21? How do you feel about 1911s?!? :cool:

·
Super Moderator
21,696 Posts
I'd go with the 845 because I don't own one yet and have heard good things about them. I have owed a 24/7 compact DS that I loved great carry gun and of course my PT 1911 God didn't put the Moses in John Moses browning by accident.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
I have a 24/7 OSS in 45 that I love. I know they are hard to find, but that was my favorite gun until I received the PT1911 from my wife. It too is a 45 and that took over the #1 spot on my favorite list. I knew I would love a 1911 and I wasn't disappointed.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Looking for a full sized, 45acp Taurus pistol. Would prefer a face to face purchase in the Dallas Fort Worth area.

Specifically looking for a PT845, a 24/7 Pro or 24/7 Gen 2, or a really nicely priced PT1911.

PM me if you have such a pistol on the block, or if you know somebody that does.
Was kind of suprised you didn't mention the PT945. It kind of fits the void between the model 1911 and a metal version of the PT845. Although the 845 does offer a greater magazine capacity, but the fit, feel and function of the 945 make it a beautiful piece of .45 firing art in action....yea, I'm biased towards the metal products..no surprise there.

Good Luck with the hunt. Care to give any idea as to what budget your wanting to stay within?

·
Administrator
35,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was kind of suprised you didn't mention the PT945. It kind of fits the void between the model 1911 and a metal version of the PT845. Although the 845 does offer a greater magazine capacity, but the fit, feel and function of the 945 make it a beautiful piece of .45 firing art in action....yea, I'm biased towards the metal products..no surprise there.

Good Luck with the hunt. Care to give any idea as to what budget your wanting to stay within?

I thought about mentioning the PT945 but I thought that I wouldn't get many takers on that since they are kinda scarce now.

The budget I'm trying to stay within is $350 but if it were a PT1911, it could go up a little.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
The last one I purchased was maybe 5 weeks ago. I gave right at $400 for it delivered into my little Taurus grubbing hands in stainless (pre-owned). Today I see that there are a couple on GB priced from between $440 and $545 for the blue version pre-owned.

Gotta love crazy prices in todays current scary market.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts