Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
35,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there are any handloaders out there who sell their stuff, in the Dallas area, I'd be very interested in getting prices for 50 and 100 rounds of range ammo in 45acp. Years ago I used to buy .357 ammo from a guy in Arlington, until he blinded himself....I think he was smoking while 'working'.....but seriously, if you know anybody who reloads and sells, or you do this yourself, I'd like to hear from you. Thanks !!! :clap:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: WTB - 45acp reloaded ammo in the San Antonio area

ok, same as above....i'd be interested in .45acp range ammo except i'm in the San Antonio area.
as a matter of fact, i'd also be interested in 9 mm luger, .40 s&w and 7.62x39.

any word would be appreciated.

cheers

·
Registered
32,146 Posts
If you will attend your next local gun show, there are usually commercial reloaders there selling ammo. Get a box of their ammo, and a business card. Try it out and if you are pleased with it, then see if the reloader will sell to you at prices lower than gun show prices. You need to buy in lots of 500 or a 1000 to get decent pricing.

Another way to find commercial local reloaders is to go to a local gun shop where reloading supplies are sold. The folks there may be able to give reccommendations as to commercial reloaders.

Not all local commercial reloaders will be low priced, usually no lower than Walmart if that low.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm a pretty serious handloader/reloader and I won't sell any ammunition that I have produced, period. There are too many potential legal repercussions for the loader if something goes wrong (regardless of who is at fault). From the other side of the bench I don't want to put anything through one of my weapons that I'm not sure of the provenance of. Liscenced companies have regulations, lisencing fees/requirements, and insurance for a reason. If you do want to use remanufactured ammunition go with an established company like Georgia Arms or Black Hills. Just my $.02.

·
Administrator
35,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gosh, I originally posted this a long time ago ! I haven't moved on getting any reloading equipment, I almost happened into a progressive but it didn't work out. I'll probably end up with one by the end of the year, if everything goes right.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Being in Florida, I can't help you with the ammo, but I could possibly help you with some primed brass. I finally have a good supply of brass and primers.

I enjoy the process (totally manual - all Lee equipment)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts