Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
mikemck,

Have you checked the local gunshows. I have found some pretty good prices on ammo there. Like MPanove said...there is always Wal-Mart. Some of the smaller gunstores will have special buys on factory ammo from time to time.

tex45acp

·
Registered
42 Posts
1. Walmart. Call various stores. Prices can very as much as $4/box (here in Houston!) from store to store. Walmart matches other company's stores, but not their own - so if the 290 store has it for X but the Georgetown store has it for $4 less, you gotta drive to G'town to get the better price. Blazer brass is good stuff.

2. Academy - check out the Blazer aluminum and the MOnarch brand. Good ammo.

3. Gander Mountain - check the specials.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wal-Mart at 1325 and IH-35 blazer brass $9.47 a box. I make a special trip there just to get ammo they also have blazer brass for 40 s&w $7.97 a box. :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
stephpd said:
Do you have a 'Dick's Sporting Goods' . Live in Delaware and it's cheaper then Walmart. They only carry Remmington UMC, 250 rounds for $120. :-X
I was just at Walmart lastnight, and they had a box of Remington UMC MEGA PACK 250 rounds. The salesman said the price just went up from $65 to $72 a box. Dick's is more expensive, Walmart is the way to go - around here anyway.

I can't imagine there would be a big price difference in Texas.

·
Administrator
36,606 Posts
If Austin has a Bass Pro shop, you might check there - sometimes you can find UMC Mega or Winchester White box there for a pretty good price.....but you have to do your division and be sure that the price per shell is a good deal......alot of times they have a Winchester white box of 100 9mm for $5 - not too shabby.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.