Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
mikemck,

Have you checked the local gunshows. I have found some pretty good prices on ammo there. Like MPanove said...there is always Wal-Mart. Some of the smaller gunstores will have special buys on factory ammo from time to time.

tex45acp

·
Registered
35 Posts
1. Walmart. Call various stores. Prices can very as much as $4/box (here in Houston!) from store to store. Walmart matches other company's stores, but not their own - so if the 290 store has it for X but the Georgetown store has it for $4 less, you gotta drive to G'town to get the better price. Blazer brass is good stuff.

2. Academy - check out the Blazer aluminum and the MOnarch brand. Good ammo.

3. Gander Mountain - check the specials.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Do you have a 'Dick's Sporting Goods' . Live in Delaware and it's cheaper then Walmart. They only carry Remmington UMC, 250 rounds for $120. :-X

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wal-Mart at 1325 and IH-35 blazer brass $9.47 a box. I make a special trip there just to get ammo they also have blazer brass for 40 s&w $7.97 a box. :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
check out georgiaarms.com
They have them very cheap on reloads and very good quality...........expecially for practice. They will ship them to you and you dont have to pay local taxes.

·
Registered
241 Posts
stephpd said:
Do you have a 'Dick's Sporting Goods' . Live in Delaware and it's cheaper then Walmart. They only carry Remmington UMC, 250 rounds for $120. :-X
I was just at Walmart lastnight, and they had a box of Remington UMC MEGA PACK 250 rounds. The salesman said the price just went up from $65 to $72 a box. Dick's is more expensive, Walmart is the way to go - around here anyway.

I can't imagine there would be a big price difference in Texas.

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
If Austin has a Bass Pro shop, you might check there - sometimes you can find UMC Mega or Winchester White box there for a pretty good price.....but you have to do your division and be sure that the price per shell is a good deal......alot of times they have a Winchester white box of 100 9mm for $5 - not too shabby.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.