Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd prefer 15 inch, but will go with shorter, down to 12 inch. Must have top rail, rails on the sides and bottom are not required. Color doesn't matter. My AR project is black, but a colored handguard would make is more personal. And cool. If you have one laying around taking up space and gathering dust, let me know whatcha got and let's dicker. Pics sure would be nice, 'cause we all know and understand:

:nopics:

I live in New Mexico. I'll pay the standard USPS or UPS shipping, whatever we agree on. (That means I'm working on a budget and I'm cheap. :D )

·
Registered
262 Posts
Look on ebay you will find some good deals there. That is where I got my 15" free float when I built my, every where I looked they wanted 100 up for the "name brand" ones and the one I got I paid around 60 complete with the proper barrel nut.

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I had found that one also, but OP said "cheap" which is why I went for the $53 one.

·
Super Moderator
13,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, the OP (me) said cheap, but I really like those keymod hand guards, too. I found those eBay references already, but I appreciate y'all suggesting them. I was hoping someone here at TA had a hand guard put away in his closet, but it seems that all of us who have built, or are building, an AR tend to hold on to anything AR related. Just in case, you know, we ever decide to build another one.

This really can become an addiction, can't it?

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
^ No Kidding!
Now I have a nice stripped upper that needs a dust cover and forward assist.
But that isn't the important stuff.
Now I want a 18" or 20" super accurate target barrel, a super slick BCG and one of those handguards so I can build a new upper for Casper.
Want to make the best durn target AR I can.

But first I need to buy an armorer's wrench so I can change the upper.

·
Registered
14,815 Posts
I'd get a piece of cardboard tube and cut it at 15" then cut a section off at 12". you can "test fit" them on the barrel to see which looks best to you. I went through this very process about 5 minutes ago and found the 12" actually looks better on mine.
Once you find the length, check ebay for the one you want.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Check out Wal-Mart, especially the website. It's pretty good at finding recognizable brands at decent prices for gun parts. I bought a Flambeu hard case and an ATI Scorpion butt stock for my M&P 15 for a total of $55, and they offered free ground shipping on orders over $50.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts