Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Taurus 24/7 9mm, but I am getting frustrated with Taurus Customer Service. After waiting 6 weeks for a "backordered" firing pin assembly (striker), the replacement part finally arrived. First of all, I was sent and charged for 2 strikers. Second, both were covered in rust, which I partially removed by soaking overnight in WD-40 then scrubbing with a wire brush. Finally, when I removed the old striker and attempted to replace it, I realized that they sent the WRONG striker. The captive spring assembly slid too far into the new striker, which prevented it from being held by the retaining plate. Both new strikers were the wrong part and when I looked inside the cavity, it was noticably different from the original part.

I will call Taurus tomorrow and TRY to remain polite. But what kind of hairless monkeys run that company :???:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I hope things go well for you. I know it is hard not to yell but try to have a little peace about you. My wife always says that its easier to get what you want when you start politely. I just have a hard time doing that. Good luck.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
waiting

I called Taurus Customer Service this morning. Luckily, a woman took my call since I have a difficult time being a jerk to a female (yes, I know it's sexist) and I politely explained the problem. She told me 1) someone must have grabbed the replacement part from the wrong bin, 2) the correct replacement part is STILL backordered, and 3) they probably never had the correct part in stock when they shipped the incorrect part.

So I am back to waiting for a part to fix a four-month old pistol that has never worked right since I bought it new.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Is there anywhere you can just buy the part? I would look into this option. I know you shouldn't have to pay but if you could have your gun fixed in a week vs. six that is what I would do.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unless you know of a source, the only place that sells parts for Taurus 24/7 Pro is Taurus. I looked at Brownell, Midway, etc.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
No I don't know of anywhere that sells them. It was just a thought that somewhere else might sell them.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
What concerns me more, is coyote's post count. Free kee.

Just kidding. I know that this has to be frustrating. I don't know if I would have been able to keep my cool. But hopefully, Taurus will make it up to you in some manner. What did they want you to do with the wrong parts? What gun are they made for?
coyotehunter said:
I was sent and charged for 2 strikers.
Did they actually charge you for the parts? Wouldn't they be covered under the lifetime warranty?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't get the post count thing either. I don't post much (mostly to vent my frustration), but it has certainly been more than 0.

Taurus Customer Service never mentioned the incorrect parts. I did return them with a complaint letter.

They did charge me for the incorrect parts because I didn't send anything to them for repair. My options were 1) send the entire pistol (at my cost) and repair would be completed in 6-8 weeks, 2) send the slide (at my cost) and repair would be completed in 3-4 weeks, 3) send the damaged firing pin (at my cost) and they would ship a replacement for free under the warranty in 7-10 days, or 4) just buy the new firing pin. After receiving the incorrect replacement firing pin, I am sure glad that I didn't send them the original.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Doctor_Venkman said:
What concerns me more, is coyote's post count. Free kee.
coyotehunter said:
I don't get the post count thing either. I don't post much (mostly to vent my frustration), but it has certainly been more than 0.
Your posts do not count when they are in the complaint section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts