Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find a misc category for this question.

Science tells us there is an equal and opposite reaction for every action. So in theory you should be able - given some sort of armor - to catch a "speeding bullet" as easily as you can shoot one. I'm just wondering how many folks here have tested that theory. :D

JimL

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Interesting thought ...

I think it could be done, but no one has had the fore sight, nor desire to do so.

Maybe you should pioneer this. ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
JimL, what you describe is the entire basis for the production of "bullet proof" vests. I was watching a program on the military channel about a new material that is being produced for the next generation of body armour and the way the material is described is that it actually forms around the bullet and "catches it".

·
Registered
846 Posts
I don't know the original Superman tried that and if I recall it didn't work. :???:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Ponder this,... (talking hand guns here)(knock down myth) even this 500 is not a "Knock Down" Gun (knock out) unless its a head shot (causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system)... Murphy's Law says that for every action there is a equal reaction in the opposite direction... So, if you don't do a back flip shooting it, a equal size target is not going to do a Back Flip catching that 500 bullet... Target "BG" may just suck it up and die in 15 to 20 seconds from massive blood pressure loss... You only get instant death or knock down with a head or spine shot above the shoulders... People only drop out of the action, because they watch to much TV... Religious fanatics, and Drug addicts don't stop until they run out of Blood, or Head Shot...<:)) So prepare to Back-Up that first shot Quickly with consecutive shots... Even with the most powerful pistol in the world

~The Smith & Wesson Model 500 is a behemoth~
The Smith and Wesson model 500. Nothing (pistol) can compare to it for bear defense. It is the most powerful pistol in the world. Bar none. Shooting Buffalo Bore 430 gr at 1975 fps for almost 2,600 ft/lbs.
"The S&W .500 cartridge is based on a new case that looks like a scaled-up .454Casull case. It is a typical straight, rimmed case designed for use in revolvers. The rim diameter is .556", the body diameter is .528", the maximum case length is 1.625", and the overall cartridge length is 2.10". The actual bullet diameter is .500".

~Taurus May Take The Crown As The Most Powerful Factory Produced Hand Gun When It Goes Into Mass Production~

Spy Scoop~Taurus Executioner

~Taurus 50 BMG~

The Military Watch Dog BLOG'S have been Buzzing for a Year now about a Combat Soldier Super Penetrator Weapon... Up till now its been just Buzz... But, now the full story has surfaced from a known source on the Military watch dog Blog that only goes by the code name: MPnova... He has backed up this Black Project, by supplying a Picture of this Secret Project at a Lab, that Taurus established at the Black Groom Lake facility... The code name of this Personal Super Penetrator Weapon is: Taurus 50 BMG...
MPnova, gave some background on this Project, saying that the Special Forces has been complaining for the last year and a half to the Brass, that they needed a Super Hand Held Penetrating Weapon for house to house combat, that their experiencing in Iraq... The Brass looked at all the Weapons Manufactures that could produce in volume, and have something off the shelf in design that could be modified, and Fielded in a short test cycle time... The Brass found what they were looking for from a company in Brazil... It was the Taurus Company...!!! They told Taurus, that because of their steady stream of new, and creative Guns they keep bring to market, that they thought that Taurus Engineers would have the best chance executing design, and production in the shortest amount time...They asked them if they could redesign "THE JUDGE" to handle the 50 BMG... But, that created a problem... Being that the Company resided out side of the United States, The Brass said that all development, and testing be carried out in the U.S.A. , and that it would be a Black Project... They told Taurus, that they would be setting there Lab up at Groom Lake Navada...!!!
Now on the Military Watch Dog BLOG'S, since MPnova surfaced the picture, and background on this Black Project, this new Weapon has been being referred to as "THE EXECUTIONER"...!!!
The "Taurus 50 BMG" is being Field tested by Special Forces in Iraq N O W...

Note: other details, is that the "Taurus 50 BMG" has a 3 Round Wheel ~ Full length Top porting of the barrel (7 ports) ~ Ports caused 8% loss of efficiency, to reduce Jacking and Recoil...

See The Full "Range Test" Of The 50 BMG On Seven Targets~This is a RealPlayer Clip
http://tinyurl.com/29l482

V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well looks a lot like my Judge! Longer cylinder etc. However, I also saw another post somewhere here, that said they had photoshop'd a Judge to make it look that way. 3 rounds, not very impressive!! But it would sure be door buster gun.

Oh it sure looks to me like, a 6 shot cylinder elongated. If I am wrong you can shoot me!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
???? Sgt, were you being facetious? I can't imagine that being true, but we can only hope! A 50 BMG handgun??? The link that was posted gave me an error.

·
Registered
959 Posts
hehehe,... That BS meter in my post seems to tell the story...<:))

~???? Sgt, were you being facetious? ~

I thought I would write that up for a Fun Read...<:)) I thought Groom Lake Navada Area 51 was a nice touch... I'm glad you Gunner's enjoyed it...<:))

BUT,.. There is a truism about TAURUS... They are the Gun Company that has the GUTS to take a Swan Dive with a New Product, and see how high it bounces in the Market... TAURUS brings out more new models than anybody else... The other Makers pretty much rehash there old designs...

·
Registered
579 Posts
SGT,

You should have kept them going a little longer!! :D

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I may be older than dirt! Yea, the BS meter was my final tell tale. :)

But I have worked on a farm so long, that I can smell horse manure a mile away!!

But it was a well done saga to say the least. I almost bought it. But being a newby, I had looked around and seen the photoshop job on a Judge before and the fact that I own and shoot one.

Ya'll made my day!! If you got more even old ones, let me read em!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
The British actor Terry Thomas used to do a Vaudeville act in which he actually caught a bullet in his teeth. The only joke here is that there was barely enough powder to get the bullet across the stage.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I thought the Sarge was sniffin' some Agent Orange until I came across the BS meter at the end.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SgtKnuckles said:
I thought I would write that up for a Fun Read...
It reminds me of a very well written piece a guy put up on a guitar builder's forum I frequent.

It started out very believable, telling about an acoustic guitar with no sound hole. The sound pressure inside the guitar built up over time. The wood gradually weakened and the tone suffered. The owner took it to the luthier author, and while it hung on a peg waiting repair it exploded and blew bits of wood all over the shop!

JimL

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I collected Guns & Ammo Magazine during the late 80s/early 90s and remember a picture and article in the back of one of the issues. IIRC, It was of a 1911 frame that someone had mated to a custom barrel with a 'smith handling the internal work. The result was a one-shot .50 BMG 'hand cannon'.

I no longer have the magazines or I'd scan the picture and post it here but it was unusual looking to say the least.

Speaking of G&A, does anyone here still read it? I'm asking because I hadn't picked up an issue in quite some time but www.natchezss.com sent a complimentary issue to me yesterday and it seems that 1.) they issues aren't as thick as they once were and 2.) fewer articles and more advertisements than just a handful of years ago.

·
32,527 Posts
For those who think big is always better ;D there is a company called GI and they make .50 caliber thumpers on a beefed up .45ACP or like it frame. Doesn't have the whump of the .50A&E, but does a good job on 4 or 2 legged critters.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
[quote~Taurus 50 BMG~
][/quote]
Dang sgt..i almost believed it too... :D

i was thinking who could shoot a gun that small and hold on to it..that was a rifle bullet right..OMG :eek:

Photoshop..what a wonderful thing..thank goodness you put the meter at the bottom..because i would have been asking questions and had all you guys snickering at me...lol

and after seeing that Smith,,i think i will quit worring about a .44 mags recoil now..bet you counld not shoot that Smith for too long though...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts