Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE MOST amazing display of driving I've ever seen. And the car's not too shabby either! :D

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Good thing they had all the streets blocked off. If he does this very often, he must have a large tire bill!:D:D

·
Super Moderator
40,507 Posts
Some cool driving.

Reactions: WartHog354

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
That my friend is Ken Block. Is a rally car driver and the owner CEO of DC shoes. Those videos are called Gymkarna or something like that. He has done 5 or 6 of them and they are all available in YouTube. And they are very well done. They block off public toads when necessary and yes. I'm sure he has a serious tire bill. The car isn't cheap either. A full blow WRC cup car is big bucks.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Gymkhana - vintage roots! :cool:

The Lotus/Caterham Super 7 (and clones) are still made today and are great fun to drive - the power-to-weight ratio is amazing. A totally different beast that the AWD mustang!

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I bet he's a Steve Mcqueen fan!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
If you like Ken's vids (how could one not!) he has a bunch on You Tube.

The production values are great as well - watch it again and add up the boom shots, helicopters etc. Oh - and to get permits to close how many sq miles of city streets. The added resources and great editing are nice tools but the driver/car/driving - that HAS to be there, can't make that up in post production!!!! :eek:

Reactions: WartHog354 and ozzy

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
All I can say is "Wow"

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Scared me when he went around the donut shop...thought for sure he was gonna clip a parking bumper...I might have puckered a little at that moment.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car is in the current issue of Hot Rod. I've heard of him and have seen a couple of the previous Gymkhana productions. Just awesome!

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
That guy in that car has a chance of getting away the PD. Wheelman advertising. ;)

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Now, that is wild!!!

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Can you imagine how much different the Dukes of Hazard or Knight Rider would have been if he was cast instead of the Hoff or Schneider/Wopat?

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
I sent this video off to our son.
I just got a reply from him:

"I Have a funny feeling that's exactly what happens when Mom finds out that there's a fabric sale going on."

·
22,304 Posts
Oh yeah, some folks need four wheels for this kind of thing.

2:46
3:23

1 - 18 of 18 Posts