Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a chance to take the tracker to the range for some bench testing. Here's a 25yrd 5 shot group with CCI subsonic HP's.

I took the red dot off so I can work on shooting unsupported with irons. I may never see a group like that again out of this gun...

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Nice gun and nice shooting.:thumb:

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
So, other then a Tracker,what is it?

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Yeowzah! Nice shooting!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
That kind of accuracy out of Taurus revolvers is what sold me on them. The Raging series, Trackers, and others in both rim and centerfire have produced groups equal to and better than custom shop guns. Taurus revolvers with good scopes can produce bragging rights groups, and make some of the best hunting handguns on the market.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I'm guessing .22 LR. I don't think I've seen any subsonic magnum ammo but I could be wrong.

Anyways, that's some great shooting! Let us know how yer groups look with iron sights after you get it dialed in. Thanks for the report and pics.

Coop

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Great shooting!

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Awesome grouping, that's definitely something to hang on the wall right there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Excellent shooting! My 992 tracker 22lr/22mag is accurate with both type of ammo. Initially, I've got the 22lr shooting really nice from out the box. When I switched to 22mags, using CCI maxi mags, I eneded up with a 4" group at 25 yards and about 1.5" with the 22lr using velocitors and cci mini mags. So I was a little disapointed with the 22 mag. Then, I decided to try Win super x 22 mag loads and the group equaled the 22 lr at 25 yards with scope. At 7 yards, both, the 22lr and the 22mag makes aragged hole. I love it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's the 22 LR. The only things I've done to it was replace the gripper grips (which I hate) and smooth off the checkering on the hammer. I never cared for checkering on a hammer anyway and this was so sharp it would actually cut into my thumb.
The scope is actually a NcStar red dot that I've been throwing around for a few years. Never had a bit of trouble with it and the batteries last forever.
Unsupported with iron sites I can keep most shots on a 4 inch circle at 50 ft. Group starts out pretty good but doesn't take long to open up. That's a pretty big chunk of steel to hold at arms length for very long.
I like it, but it's a poor replacement for my old Dan Wesson. SA trigger is not near as light or crisp and DA trigger isn't even comparable. Of course the Dan would shoot groups like this

That's a 12 shot group at 25 yrds from the bag and the same red dot. It would shoot like that all day. I guess it still does, just someone else is shooting it.:(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts