Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! Ruger P 95 Jammed up today. [HR][/HR] I disassembled the Ruger P95 today. I mean a simple cleaning takedown. Ok, I reassembled the gun in reverse and found that about 1&1/2" of the barrel and guide rod was sticking out and a large gap in the ejection area. This this was Jammed up something terrible. I was in near panic I mean I was freaking out. I got online and found another person that has had the same problem. Ejection piece had come back up while reassembly. Ok that problem was solved but the gun was still jammed up. Upon futher inspection I noticed that the Guide rod looked crooked, this was causeing the jam as well. Looked further online and found the solution on the AR15 forums. I took a pair of padded vise grips and twisted the guide rod until it freed itself. Problem solved. This was the 1st time ever that I had ever had with a Ruger. But It still was my fault, I should have paid better attention. Gun shoots great no Problems

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Don't you just hat e that sinking feeling when it just doesn't look right after reassembly? At least you could get the help you needed to fix the problem.

Reactions: mossy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it went together just fine. Like 100 times before. Dont know how that happened. Getting it unjammed and working again was a real blast though. I mean it was locked up, the slide wouldnt move forward or backward period.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Just curious: you said the guide rod looked crooked, was it, is it oK?

Glad you got her running. :)

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Amazingly enough, I had something similar happen with my SR40, it made me sweat a little, but I managed to get it free and now it's working fine. I guess you just have to pay attention when doing reassembly....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just curious: you said the guide rod looked crooked, was it, is it oK?

Glad you got her running. :)
Yes the Guide rod was crooked this is what locked the gun up. Did a search and on the AR 15 forums a guy said to give it a light twist with padded vise grips. I did and everything broke free. Gun is back up and running.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amazingly enough, I had something similar happen with my SR40, it made me sweat a little, but I managed to get it free and now it's working fine. I guess you just have to pay attention when doing reassembly....
Amen my brother!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts