Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering being new to this site, I use some other very good forums like this one and if not a daily basis at least weekly there are employee's from the manufactuers that will read/review threads just this. Major issue's that I have read through this section would turn most away from buying their next Taurus. That being said to date I have yet to have a problem. If I do however and wait weeks and months and get the run around, get lied too, get no responses, get back a gun that was said to be repaired and wasn't, list goes on just read um like I did :-\ I certainly would turn my back on Taurus and never look back.

Having a faulty gun is one thing, having no customer service or customer service that lies or does not respond is another thing. I was surprised to the obivous that none of the Taurus employee's must know about this site or ignorant enough to ignore it.

Not good Taurus, there are other manufacturers out there please be reminded

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
First off welcome from Minnesota. One thing to remember that has been repeated here is that people are much louder when they have a problem with a particular product than if it works the way it should. And also there are the haters out there with their much more expensive guns that feel Taurus guns are inferior.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed much easier to be a hater than supporter. That being said if the CS complaints are legit then Taurus certainly needs to step up their game. Most of the complaints I read were all by Taurus owners having real problems. Certainly there will be those un-justified complaints but most I read were well in line and seemed legitiment. If you send a gun in all you want if first off a response, and a have way accurate response to when your gun will be done. Being told 4 weeks, calling 4 or 5 times to get a response then it takes another 2-5 weeks on top of the original promise date will get people upset everytime, rightfully so.

Then they look elsewhere for their next gun purchase. I did when Mossberg did it to me on a brand new shotgun, will never buy another.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Another thing to remember with their turnaround is that they have lifetime waranty. So any gun they produced can be there. I would hate to see how many boxes of guns they have sitting around waiting to get fixed.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
Another thing to remember with their turnaround is that they have lifetime waranty. So any gun they produced can be there. I would hate to see how many boxes of guns they have sitting around waiting to get fixed.
Yeah, the way I think about it is!! If they are selling like it looks from the available stock of some items, if even 1% have a problem, plus the ones guys have worn out after 10 to 15 years that is a heck of a lot of guns coming in daily. Forget getting any info until someone evaluates the problem, by logging it in and checking it out. Then it has to sit by a gunsmith who has a couple hundred guns at his station waiting for repair, until he finishes the ones that have been there the longest. Then if he starts the repair, and needs parts that have to come from the factory, geeze the logistics of that are scary. I know about long distance logistics from my years around airports.

There was improvement in CS, for a couple months then it seemed to have gotten smashed again. If your the one waiting, it is so tough to be patient. You want your NEW, or OLD gun back and to shoot right the first time every time.

·
Super Moderator
21,441 Posts
I find a lot of complaints can be fixed if you go to the smithing area or finding out on your own I had a nose dive problem with my pt1911 it was real aparent that it was the mags swaped out the mags no problem. many of my guns I've had to tweak or have a spring or extractor replaced.

I had a 25 year old Llamma 45 it was beutifull and shot out to 25 yrds and was far more accurete then more expecives guns

I love my pt1911 but I don't freek out if somthing little happens I'm still finding the ammo it likes best so far its taurus 45 all copper hollow points :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The turnaround times on repairs are not what turn me off---it's the members here that say their gun came back and the problem was not corrected. I don't know honestly how many of them are telling the truth but I'm quite sure not all of them are lying.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I wasn't lying. Taurus does have real CS and QC problems. I really believe they let the end user do much of their quality control work for them. They do make some great guns no-one else will make (Tracker line comes to mind), but they need to get their act together. I've owned maybe 20 S&W's over the years. One of those had factory flaws that required a trip back to S&W and those were cosmetic. I've owned 4 Taurus revolvers and only one was good to go as I received them...an old M85. The other three had mechanical problems that hampered functional use as a weapon.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I've made a couple posts in the 'taking forever' thread, one saying I'm selling my Taurus pistols.
I'm still going to do that, but I want everyone to know that it's just my dissatisfaction with Taurus, not the guns. I was originally just adding to a thread already started about poor turnaround time and customer service. I'm not trashing their guns. I have 5 or 6 and they've served me well. But as I stated, if I only had one place to do warranty service my Chevy truck and the service was this bad, I'd sell the truck. It's just that simple. I'm not bitter or going off the deep end, just doing what I need to do. But I won't be one of those ignorant Taurus bashers. Hope everyone understands.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thunderjohn said:
I've made a couple posts in the 'taking forever' thread, one saying I'm selling my Taurus pistols.
I'm still going to do that, but I want everyone to know that it's just my dissatisfaction with Taurus, not the guns. I was originally just adding to a thread already started about poor turnaround time and customer service. I'm not trashing their guns. I have 5 or 6 and they've served me well. But as I stated, if I only had one place to do warranty service my Chevy truck and the service was this bad, I'd sell the truck. It's just that simple. I'm not bitter or going off the deep end, just doing what I need to do. But I won't be one of those ignorant Taurus bashers. Hope everyone understands.

This is exactly the way I felt when I moved on from Mossberg, I had owned other Mossberg's, never an issue. Bought a brand new autoloader and did not work from the get go, for me no big deal. But when it was sent back in and took just over 8 weeks and I was either lied or mis-informed 5 times on phone calls, I have moved on from Mossberg and tell everyone I know to think twice. NOT because of the gun iteself. Because of what comes along with the gun, Mossberg in a sense comes with the gun.

Any gun line, any price line there are choices, all I am saying is do not chase your customers away.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Re: WOW, reading here kind of scares you! Anyone every enlighted Taurus to thi

Well the simple fact is when you go on any forum you will find the majority of the messages are from people having problems and looking for help so it does tend to make one think that there is a lot of problems... This is a Taurus forum so naturally most of the complaints you read are going to be about Taurus. Go on a Glock forum or a Kimber forum, or a Sig forum and you will find the same.

I myself just recently purchased a new 24/7 OSS and after one trip to the range boxed it up and sent it back to the factory for two reasons. 1. It was shooting 4 to 5 inches low at 10 yards, not critical, but not right for a brand new gun. 2. 5 out of 150-200 rounds refused to fire with no marks on primer, in my opinion this is critical for a defensive carry gun.

Now on the other hand i bought a Taurus Mil Pro PT140 about a year ago and it has been a really great gun. I have run about 600 rounds through it with NO problems of any kind. It is quite accurate in normal ranges 7 to 15 yards, easy to conceal and very dependable. I trust it enough for every day carry.

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
Arkansas, just have your own experiences before you chastise Taurus too much. For every story that pops up in complaints about 'Taurus Sucks', there are other stories where the problem was resolved the first time, and within a few weeks. I've had two customer service issues, and they were satisfactorily resolved in 4 and 5 weeks, respectively. Just give them a chance, then if they fail to perform, then rant away. :)

Welcome from Texas......

·
Registered
147 Posts

Well, yes it could be, depends on just what your version of perfect is... most guns will take a period of time and a certain number of rounds before they can be considered as broken in and performing at their best, but things like refusing to fire with no primer marks is kind of above and beyond i would say.

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
taurusdude57 said:
when i purchase a weapon i except it to work perfect right out of the box is that asking too much
Naw, it ain't to much to ask, but this ain't a perfect world. In fact there ain't any perfect products of any kind. It's the real world we live in.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The OP's point about people from the manufacturer reading the forum is a good one. I've been researching the Sig P250, so I went to www.sigforum.com There's actually someobdy from the factory who regularly posts and responds on their forum. I don't know if it's part of his job or if he just does it 'cuz he enjoys it, but either way, it's a great resource for the gun owners and gives them a way to provide feedback direct to the company. Taurus hasn't even updated their website in years, let alone monitor a forum in near-real time. This only makes it harder to get out from under their "cheap, crappy guns" and "poor customer service" reputation. I'm satisfied with my Taurus pistol, but I think the company has a long way to go in the customer service department.

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
Personally, I don't understand the logic of why Taurus needs to read this forum so badly. Taurus gets the idea whether or not they are putting out the products they should be in one way, and one way only - how you spend your money. If they make a mistake in their understanding of what product will sell the best and what won't, then it affects them substantially in the quarterly profits. They have sufficient reason to understand not only our needs, but our wants as well, and match that with what products they can offer.

If the point for Taurus to read the forum boards is to see your opinion of their product, then I'm afraid you've lost me. The internet allows people, all kinds of people, to express their opinions about things, whether thats a good thing or not. Go read some of the posts about any story regarding McCain or Bush on cbsnews.com - there are people out there who in my opinion should have their first amendment right taken away because of the petulant, ridiculous, petty garbage that comes spewing out of their mouths regarding whatever they don't agree with. IMO, Taurus has much better things to do than to read all opinions about them, in every post, and then try to figure out who is rational, and who has a valid point, and who is just pissed off and trying to piss off everybody else on the board. No thanks - any input they get should be from people who have previously sent in their gun for repair, or used customer service in some capacity previously. These are the people whos input should be heard.

·
Registered
275 Posts

Good points TxsTaurusGuy.
I can definitely agree that a manufacturer's rep would
be wasting time processing opinions in a forum environment.

On the other hand,
there was an issue on the 24/7 boards last week that took several calls
to Taurus to get a logical explanation.
This issue will probably result in a small flood of unnecessary product returns to Taurus.
IMO, a Taurus tech as a forum member would have been a nice thing in that situation.
I've read the Sigforums and the Sig rep is factual in his posts and
doesn't seem to have many complaints to deal with.

But, to be fair, I think Sig has a few less models than Taurus.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
The turnaround times on repairs are not what turn me off---it's the members here that say their gun came back and the problem was not corrected. I don't know honestly how many of them are telling the truth but I'm quite sure not all of them are lying.
i agree, a month seems reasonable, anything longer then 6 weeks really seems bad to me..

but it's not so much the waiting but if you get a gun back and it has'nt been touched.. well.. that would just piss me off.. like a kick in the nuts.

as for taurus rep's reading the board.. i do not think it would be a waste of time, we are the ones who buy and use their product.

im not saying every business decision should be dictated by the opinions on this board, but if you're not gonna listen to us, the buyers, then who the hell are you gonna listen to?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts