Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It genuinely makes me smile seeing some of the original Staff members still here. Some being Admins now, some being Super Mods. Way to keep it going guys!!

Some not .. anyone know what happened to NYPD? I think I remember hearing about BigTexasTaurusGuy (I think that was his name anyways, a mod from down in the valley area .. I wanna say his real name was Chuck. ).

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
It genuinely makes me smile seeing some of the original Staff members still here. Some being Admins now, some being Super Mods. Way to keep it going guys!!

Some not .. anyone know what happened to NYPD? I think I remember hearing about BigTexasTaurusGuy (I think that was his name anyways, a mod from down in the valley area .. I wanna say his real name was Chuck. ).
NYPD stops in from time to time to say hello, just like you're doing. He last said hello in May of this year.
It's awesome that some of our TA founders find the time to remind us newbies how great a site they started. Texastaurusguy is one of our Administrator's.

Thank you Flyer for your service in starting the TA forum, the best of the best on the web!

·
Registered
31,916 Posts

Yep Flyer, most of the same moderators from your founding of the forum are still here. Big Ugly Tall Texan (Chuck Sutlive) passed away a number of years ago....I think 2013, followed by the passing of his wife a year later. His son and daughter are well and fine and I still keep up with them on facebook.

The forum has gone on over the years with get-togethers across the country and a lot of friendships have been made.

Texas had the first original meet and shoots, Florida, Wisconsin....and the most attending regular meet and shoot is held in Rapid City South Dakota the first week end in September after Labor Day. It has had five annual meetings in a row. Lots of regulars make that meet and shoot, usually a 3 day event with many members staying longer, and some have made all 5 of them. I managed to make one the year before last and really enjoyed it.

·
Administrator
35,318 Posts
Gosh Flyer, haven't heard from you in a month of Sundays ! :D Yes, BUTT passed on a while back, Robby too, and a couple of others, but there are a few mods still around from the old days.

For everybody who hasn't been around for 10 years, Flyer was the originator of Taurusarmed.net. He sold it quite a few years ago and is living the life of luxury in an undisclosed heavily beached area. :D

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
For everybody who hasn't been around for 10 years, Flyer was the originator of Taurusarmed.net. He sold it quite a few years ago and is living the life of luxury in an undisclosed heavily beached area. :D
Welcome back, Flyer.
I've only been here since 2015, when I bought my first Taurus (PT-111 G2).
This is a great little forum you started!
Do you have any stories to tell from your absence?

·
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
NYPD stops in from time to time to say hello, just like you're doing. He last said hello in May of this year.
It's awesome that some of our TA founders find the time to remind us newbies how great a site they started. Texastaurusguy is one of our Administrator's.

Thank you Flyer for your service in starting the TA forum, the best of the best on the web!
Don't thank just me .. it was largely a right time right place situation. We may have to tap Qwik's memory but the previous avenue for Taurus only stuff was pretty crappy and announced a shutdown. I took the lead and ran with it. The first actual member of the forum was instrumental in getting this build up to what it is. Admin is member #1, I had 2 and 3 ... HERE is your 1st actual member to have signed up. It's the member's and the staff that have made this what it really is. So ... thank ya'll! ;)

Yep Flyer, most of the same moderators from your founding of the forum are still here. Big Ugly Tall Texan (Chuck Sutlive) passed away a number of years ago....I think 2013, followed by the passing of his wife a year later. His son and daughter are well and fine and I still keep up with them on facebook.

The forum has gone on over the years with get-togethers across the country and a lot of friendships have been made.

Texas had the first original meet and shoots, Florida, Wisconsin....and the most attending regular meet and shoot is held in Rapid City South Dakota the first week end in September after Labor Day. It has had five annual meetings in a row. Lots of regulars make that meet and shoot, usually a 3 day event with many members staying longer, and some have made all 5 of them. I managed to make one the year before last and really enjoyed it.
That's very sad .. I do remember hearing that now though. He was a good man.

I wouldn't mind being notified if and when another TX meet come along. If I can make it, I may peel away from real life and head out.

Gosh Flyer, haven't heard from you in a month of Sundays ! :D Yes, BUTT passed on a while back, Robby too, and a couple of others, but there are a few mods still around from the old days.

It maybe 2 months of Sundays truth be told .... Let's not get carried away with the beaches in undisclosed areas. I missed the dot.com bubble by a LOOOONG shot in selling the forum off.

·
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been just living life to the best of my abilities. I've made a job change in the past couple of years (for those that remember) I used to be into hot rods a lot and worked at a Chevy dealer. I'm completely out of parts and service now. I bought an insurance agency and have been putting lots of effort into that making that something.

I have only 1 Taurus at this time though but am in the market for a smaller 1911. I've learned that I really like the 1911 platform and have tried to stick with that since it's, well .. a 1911 .. and 45. That's by far not the extent of my collection though. ;) I may have some of those damned AR's, one long, some not, and one short of various calibers and still adding to, some loud, and some not too. ;)

Of course there are other things too. Still reloading ... In fact, I don't buy ammo anymore, except shotgun shells. I reload 380, 45, 223, 300 blk, 308, 25-06, and have reloaded 45 Colt and 454 Casull. 454 was by far my favorite round to shoot! That would get some attn at the range.

All in all .. I've been well. The boys are growing. They are currently bugging me to go back to the squirrel woods. Youth season opened this weekend in TX. I got them a youth 20ga last weekend and we went out to shoot last weekend. Now they want to go hunting! That's a good thing though.

·
Administrator
39,735 Posts
Great to see you drop by, Flyer! Wonder about you once in a while. Glad things are going well for you.:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
35,082 Posts
Hey, whazzup? Still in Tyler? Good ta c ya!....well, virtually, anyway.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Flyer, thanks for creating the best forum on the internet. I would hang you here even if I didn't own a Taurus!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
Hi................
Who are you?

Do you realize how many weird folks hang out in this forum you founded?
Could you possibly send some meds this way sometime soon?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts