Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, after I sent back my PT111MP to Miami -for the third time - I was a little flustered (as anyone else would be). I decided to write letters, to both Kimberly Intagliata and Mark Kresser, telling them about my experience with Taurus. I mailed (yes, snail-mail) out the letters late last week after sending in the PT111MP via FedEx. This morning, as I sat at my desk, I got a phone call from an unknown (to me) number. I answered the phone, thinking it was another sales call, and almost fell out of my chair when the voice on the other end identified himself.

Mark Kresser. Yes. THE Mark Kresser. CEO of Taurus International. I was kinda shocked as well as pleasantly surprised. Right off the bat Mr. Kresser apologized for the inconvenience and the bad experience I have had with the PT111MP. Our conversation lasted over 12 minutes and Mr. Kresser said Taurus was thankful that I gave them a second chance and he wanted to set things right and make sure that they have a satisfied customer in me. And what does that entail? A new Millennium G2 to replace my trouble prone PT111MP. Guess I can stop ogling at that Ruger SR9C and tell the LGS he is free to sell it to whoever!!

When was the last time the CEO of a company, took time out of his/her busy schedule and called a customer to set things right? Hasn't happened to me. All said and done, I think it is safe to say with Mark Kresser in charge, Taurus is going to soar to new heights in the firearms industry. Furthermore, my faith in Taurus and their customer service is renewed. I was on the fence about purchasing a new Taurus firearm, but now my fears have disappeared and am looking to buy those 4 wheel guns I have been wanting for the last few years. And for those of you who are curious to know - yes, we did talk about TaurusArmed and the great work that this community does.

Am I satisfied? As the Minnesotans say - Ya, you betcha!

·
Registered
24,937 Posts
Good for you. I wish I had that same consideration when I was trying to get my Tracker 17 HMR corrected for 15 months.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
That's great to hear! Mr. Kresser sure knows how to handle customer service. He is a standup guy!

Reactions: ozzy and Lance0812

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Customer service is KEY, and I'm glad to see things turning around as he promised.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I guess Mr. Kresser was serious when he said customer service was turning arround Im seeing proof on this forum of it

jhp

Reactions: ozzy

·
10,379 Posts
Sounds like a class act for sure. I've heard nothing but good things about Mr. Kresser and it's starting to have an impact on their sales I'm sure.

Heck, I was recently in a Gander Mountain in southern WI and they had two full display cases full of Taurii and the sales people were actively pushing them, compared to the last time I'd been in there and they had a couple pistols scattered in various cases hidden behind their more expensive, larger brand name, counterparts and the only thing you'd hear the sales member say would some along the lines of "Oh, you don't want to buy Taurus, they're foreign garbage" (especially funny when they'd be pushing a Berreta, XD, or some other import instead).

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Good for Mark. He is a shining example of what a CEO should be.

I'm sure your letters were well written and with the right attitude. Which goes a long way in getting a positive response.

Reactions: Sekol and shiftace

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
That sounds like a great conversation. I guess I better start answering those "unknown number" calls again.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Glad everything worked out!
Me too. Never expected a call from Mr. Kresser or for a new G2. Just surprised, pleasantly. :)

Mr. Kresser's attitude towards the customers completely floored me. Henceforth, if anyone asks me to recommend a firearm, I would point them in the direction of Taurus - to find one that meets their requirements and feels good in their hands. :) Am off to go look for a Taurus Judge this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Good for you! It says a lot about Taurus and Mr Kresser. Enjoy the new firearm!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Heh, I would have let the call goto voicemail. I figure if the company calling me is not honest enough to show their caller ID info, I do not want to do business with them. Glad you got your issues taken care of. At least the promise of it being taken care of. Let us wait to see how your new replacement works. Please post back and let us know.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Heh, I would have let the call goto voicemail. I figure if the company calling me is not honest enough to show their caller ID info, I do not want to do business with them. Glad you got your issues taken care of. At least the promise of it being taken care of. Let us wait to see how your new replacement works. Please post back and let us know.
I should clarify. Caller ID did show a number. 305 area code. When I said unknown - I meant, a number that I did not have stored in my phone and was unfamiliar to me.

As an update, got a call from CS at 1430 CST. The Millennium G2 has shipped. Will be delivered to my FFL tomorrow.

·
Registered
29,877 Posts
Thats great! Thanks for telling us!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
im starting to find more people buying the Taurus brand. Seems the economy will do that to some. To others, they all said the gun just felt great and the price was right. You dont have to spend a ton for a reliable weapon. Heck an AK is dirt cheap to make but who here would want to stand in fron of one while it goes off? Bottom line i love taurus brand and my next two guns will probably be from them. One a G2 24/7 compact and the other a G2 PT111. They just work!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts